two true fit questions

first.. can I use it rfing on the third harness level?

second can I use it with out the extra padding?

Thanks! I just got one from a mama on here and love it but like it best for Fiona (who is 3.5) Nolan fits awkwardly in it, at 11 months.. so I swapped he and Fiona (she was in a my ride.. he was in a MA but the cover needs a wash lol)

If I use it with the padding for Fiona she needs the 3rd level, but if I use it with out she is on the second.

ETA So I spent some time setting it up for Nolan today, It is strange, he is right at the bottom slot height wise with out the padding, so I put the padding in since it still just looks a little high (he is barely at the bottom slot on his marathon too, at 11 months, he has a very short torso) anyways when I put the padding in he has about 2 inches above his head, I feel like I should stick the head rest on to be safe, but then do I need to take the padding out, and then if I take the padding out he definitely doesn't need the head rest, he can't possibly weigh more than 20 lbs TOPS and that would be some growth spurt from his last weight check two months ago.

Last edited:
ADS
ok I looked up the manual and got my questions answered, she is too big for the insert anyways at 32 lbs.. but now, I have a question about if Nolan uses it, his shoulders are AT the second slot with the insert but at the lowest slot with out it, how does that work? does he need the insert still.. not sure his weight, I would guess around 19 lbs.

NannyMom

Nolan doesn't need the insert, it's optional afther he is at/above the first slots. I think BabyS fits better without it too, so I've never used it.

NannyMom

If he barely at the botttom slots, I would probobly use the padding as well. The headrest doesn't need to be put on until 22 pounds OR his head reaches the red line on the top of the seat. If he has 2 inches, that's enough. If the headrest is on, you don't have to stop using the padding (unless of course he's 22 pounds).

Also make sure you're checking height with him fully buckled. Kids often look taller when not buckled.

If he barely at the botttom slots, I would probobly use the padding as well. The headrest doesn't need to be put on until 22 pounds OR his head reaches the red line on the top of the seat. If he has 2 inches, that's enough. If the headrest is on, you don't have to stop using the padding (unless of course he's 22 pounds).

Also make sure you're checking height with him fully buckled. Kids often look taller when not buckled.

thanks! I am definitly checking buckled, he seems over the slots till I buckle him with out the padding, then he looks right at.. I am sure it is fine with out the head rest but I think I like having it there just in case to be on the safe side like if he has a sudden growth spurt and I just don't notice right away (of course I notice usually) I have been keeping an eye on Fiona height wise rfing for a while, so keeping the head rest on seems like one less thing to worry about lol

morlando27

I'm having similar fit issues with my 8 mo ds (~20 lbs). We're using the insert and 2nd harness position. I installed it more upright and put the headrest on.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC