So I sat DS in a MR65 yesterday at BRU

Mama!

And took the infant insert out, messed with harness etc.

First of all, cover quality was BAD. Like, what were they thinking? It feels like one of those little fake flannel shirts that comes on a cheap baby doll.

Straps were awful. Scratchy and coarse, but maybe they won't twist as bad?

I installed it RF reclined and really upright on the test bench, and he had 1/3 inch to top of shell. He's nearly 42 inches and just turned 4 yo. He could have ridden in this until about 4 mos ago I'd suppose.

The double latch straps are a good idea in theory, but man it is going to contribute to a lot of redneck Rigging of seats. I can just picture someone using both latch straps to install.:rolleyes:

Overall, for $150 its about what I'd expect from Graco. The shell was pretty flimsy, but it will definitely fill a niche for short heavy kids.

Now to get my hands on an air protect.....:whistle:

ADS

Maedze

I actually think the double LATCH straps will reduce misuse, as many parents show up with FF convertibles with RF latch straps....they don't move them, a wicked common error.

2BunniesMommy

First of all, cover quality was BAD. Like, what were they thinking? It feels like one of those little fake flannel shirts that comes on a cheap baby doll.

That is a pretty good way to describe it! Not something I have heard before, but it works. Such an awful cover, and it smells funny.:eek:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
My first impression was pretty much the same as yours! Cheap, flimsy, but what I would expect a) for $150 and b) from Graco. That said, I think it's utterly fabulous for those who are on a budget and need a good ERF seat!

Yoshi

The one at baby Depot (greenish) was very plush- Britax-like fabric.:confused:Why they do that with different patterns, I'll never understand!

canadiangie

The double LATCH straps will cause comfusion for some, and for others makes things easier. (and by easier I mean they'll use them correctly).

It is 'wicked common' error as Maedze said to see the wrong belt path in use.

It's also somewhat common to see parents rigging seats up.

Time will tell I suppose. :shrug-shoulders:

Mama!

I actually think the double LATCH straps will reduce misuse, as many parents show up with FF convertibles with RF latch straps....they don't move them, a wicked common error.

Oh yeah, I'm just picturing my dad saying "Oh TWO SETS! " And using them both, possibly borrowing anchors to "tighten it up even more", then maybe even using the seatbelt :ROTFLMAO:

Didn't you know more is better? :eek:

Shaunam

Oh yeah, I'm just picturing my dad saying "Oh TWO SETS! " And using them both, possibly borrowing anchors to "tighten it up even more", then maybe even using the seatbelt :ROTFLMAO:

Didn't you know more is better? :eek:

But people who are in that mindset will manage even without the extra set. I've seen someone LATCH the seat in the middle, put the seat belt through, pull each outboard seat belt through and buckle it on the opposite side and then forget the tether. :ROTFLMAO: So if they've done all that anyway, what's one more strap, ya know? But for people who actually TRY to do it right, it will be easier.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC