Radian XT chest clips?

Madeline410

Do all the XTs have the new chest clip? On the skjp site, it only shows the Malibu with the new chest clip.. but at USA Baby they had a Rio with the new one. Does it just depend on where you buy the seat?

And since I'm asking.. which chest clip do you like better?

ADS

AtTheSouthDam

I like the new one better but the old one fits better on DD2. Her shoulders come close to popping out with the new one.

Holly

I prefer the new one too, it helps keep the straps from digging into my dd's neck. But for an infant, I would prefer the old style, I think the new style would be too far apart for a baby.

oxeye

As a PP said, the XTs come with the new clip.

For a bigger kid I think the new style is WAY better. I put an old one on DS's XT, though since he is an infant. I think the new chest clip is wider than his shoulders! I wasn't comfortable with that fit at all.

Pic of him in the XT with an old clip :) -

seat1.jpg

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I have a 5 and 3 year old that I like the old ones better for, but then again, the 5 year old especially is narrow. Skinny and just plain narrow through the torso.

sunnymw

Not to hijack, but if you order through SK can you tell them you'd rather have the old chest clip? I think my DS1 might need it if I get a Radian

Do any of them come w/ the old chest clip anymore?

Pixels

I recently got a 65 (November, I believe, 2008 DOM) with the old clip. The XT has a new clip. I definitely like the new clip better overall, but for a newborn the old clip is better. For most babies, I'd guess it would be around 9 months old where either clip is about the same. I like the new clip slightly better for my tiny 1yo at this point.

Oh, and SKJP doesn't do direct to consumer orders. When you order through their site, it's actually another company that you're ordering through.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC