Comfort Sport observations!

cookie123

One of my patient's parents brought the CS into work for a carseat test yesterday. They cancelled the test until the parents got their infant seat, but I thought I'd put the baby in it and check it out, of course.

The baby was just over 5 lbs. He had several inches of room between him and the crotch strap, which went pretty far up on him, but was right at the bottom
harness slots. The biggest problem was that the harness couldn't come even close to tightening enough for this baby.

I also measured the slots, because I've always thought they looked higher than what was said here! I got 7 inches for the bottom and 13 inches for the top. I think the middle was 10 inches.

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
WRT to the tightening, was the harness on the smallest loop?

yes, because honestly, the comfortsport fits tiny little babies really well..heck, 7 inch slots re SMALLER than many of the INFANT buckets out there...i'm betting the harness was not on the smallest setting.
both of my kids used a CS from birth, and it was NICE and TIGHT on them..including my 5 pounder.

cookie123

Good question. I wasn't aware convertible seats had that. In fact, I thought only the Snugride did. When looking under to see if the splitter plate was caught up at all, I did not notice any extra strap, so I'd guess it was not in the shorter mode. However, It seems likely it would come in the shorter mode, and since the seat was new and mom had just bought it and brought it in for the test it's unlikely she adjusted it in any way. Is anyone aware if it does come that way?

Maedze

I'm not sure if it comes that way or not. However, all the Graco infant seats and convertibles have (or have had) multiple positions for the harness :)

cookie123

Well, crap. They're going to take the seat back, which is a good thing at any rate. They have an infant seat they ordered that they've been waiting on and plan to use that. I don't know why they went out and bought the CS. I may have to head over to Target and check out the CS and see if the harness is in the shorter position.

cookie123

Well, finally made it to Target. Of course you were right, whoever said there was the loop to make the harness shorter. The harness tightens very small on that loop, which is the one it was on at Target. I'm surprised it was not on the small one on the seat that the parent brought to the nursery, but it must not have been.

I love this board for this reason. I learn something new every day!!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
You know, I played with the CS at work (last one! we aren't carrying it anymore, thank goodness, lol) and the harness didn't get anywhere near as tight as the SR32, even in the tightest newborn setting. It was still really floppy, I could imagine it easily being too loose on a small baby. Though it would be *insanely* loose on the looser strap setting!

Pixels

My DD is on the second slots RFing (just over them) and the harness is better, even for her at 13 months, on the tighter loops.

I just went out and checked. On the bottom slots, no child in the seat, harness unbuckled, I was able to tighten the harness completely until it twanged. The crotch stap is really far out, around 8".

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Maybe it's really easy for the yoke to get stuck on something to keep it from tightening, then. At any rate, the result is a loose harness on an infant ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC