state farm commercial

Cryssy Jane

Just saw a little girl in a state farm commercial! She was I'd say maybe 2-3 singing her abcs FF in a true fit. Looks like the chest clip was in the right spot and the harness looked tight. Props for using the seat correctly at least :)

ADS

Lisa in WV

I got excited when I saw that commercial, too. My daughter was in the living room with me, and I said, "Oh, look at that seat. It's a True Fit."

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yes. I couldn't see, was it FF or RF? Hard to tell because I only caught the last split-second shot it was on.

State Farm partners with a lot of agencies, big and small, to provide seat checks in many communities. :thumbsup:

sunnymw

:ROTFLMAO:

I looked very closely at the moving scenery--it was FF and she was smaller than my DS1 (and he's a very small 2.5yo). But at least everything else looked good! And she had to be FF--she was a "backseat driver" ;) although I'd have loved for it to be a 5yo or something :D

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
She looked small enough to be RF, but I was excited to see her properly strapped into a mainstream seat.

apsupermom

I want to see...we don't have tv let me see if I can find online!

Found it!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HnCjaOTAxI&feature=PlayList&p=C8F4F045037F9F3F&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1"]YouTube - State Farm® - "Backseat Driver" Commercial[/ame]

Dd watched it and said "Its me!"

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Oh, yeah, definitely FF. Too bad, she could RF in that seat. But at least she looks over 2. :)

cookie123

Likely the average viewer wouldn't have noticed if the kiddo was rear facing or not. It's so close up, it's hard to tell, and for some one that's not a car seat -ummm- fanatic, I don't think they'd realize anyway.

Evolily

love the proper use.

My thought is it would be hard for them to film that RFing, and they did it close enough that it's hard to tell if she is RFing or FFing.

Stella's Dad

I'm kind of surprised to see so much positive reaction to this commercial here. I actually sent an e-mail to State Farm because the little girl should be rear facing, and I thought it would have been better for a company like State Farm to be showing Best Practice, instead of promoting the status Quo installs that so many parents assume is the best way to go. (Heck, my wife had people telling her it was illegal to have out daughter rear facing after one year of age, there is alot of false ideals out there)...

judesmommy

I work for State Farm in California. It is such an amazing company. Everytime people come in (who are parents) I speak to them about carseat safety and rear facing past the minimum.

I was in an accident twice this year. The FIRST thing State Farm did was call me and ask about my son. Even though one of the accidents was JUST a bumper tap, they INSISTED on replacing my seat and even payed for my upgrade from an EFTA to a new marathon.

Such a wonderful company.

Right now, I'm considering doing more with the company and California parents. I'm hoping that our office will be able to do a seat check event with a CPS, but I have to find one interested first. Also, I've been looking to find some carseat safety handouts about rearfacing that I can hand out in the office to new moms/dads.

Any ideas?? I need opinions....

MomToEliEm

Right now, I'm considering doing more with the company and California parents. I'm hoping that our office will be able to do a seat check event with a CPS, but I have to find one interested first. Also, I've been looking to find some carseat safety handouts about rearfacing that I can hand out in the office to new moms/dads.

For handouts, there are some listed in this post:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=99198

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I work for State Farm in California. It is such an amazing company. Everytime people come in (who are parents) I speak to them about carseat safety and rear facing past the minimum.

I was in an accident twice this year. The FIRST thing State Farm did was call me and ask about my son. Even though one of the accidents was JUST a bumper tap, they INSISTED on replacing my seat and even payed for my upgrade from an EFTA to a new marathon.

Such a wonderful company.

I can help you find some handouts if you let me know what you're looking for-- best practice I assume, 1 page? More?

I don't know where you're located, I work with an agency sometimes that often partners with State Farm for safety fairs. :) You can PM me if you want to talk more about it...

I'm kind of surprised to see so much positive reaction to this commercial here. I actually sent an e-mail to State Farm because the little girl should be rear facing, and I thought it would have been better for a company like State Farm to be showing Best Practice, instead of promoting the status Quo installs that so many parents assume is the best way to go. (Heck, my wife had people telling her it was illegal to have out daughter rear facing after one year of age, there is alot of false ideals out there)...

There's so much positive talk because of the proper use actually shown. Yes, WE, as car seat nuts know that RF to the max is best practice but at least this commercial shows people how to properly use their harness. Baby steps my dear, baby steps. RF past minimums doesn't mean much if parents don't use the seat correctly in the first place.

Stella's Dad

There's so much positive talk because of the proper use actually shown. Yes, WE, as car seat nuts know that RF to the max is best practice but at least this commercial shows people how to properly use their harness. Baby steps my dear, baby steps. RF past minimums doesn't mean much if parents don't use the seat correctly in the first place.

Yup the canned response I got (and expected) pretty much tells me that unless the install was in violation of a law, they don't care.. :thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC