how do you say britax??

MJHY27

I actually saw 2 britax car seats today! and it got me wondering how do you really pronounce that word?? is it bry-tax like it rhymes with eye-tax or brit-ax just like it's spelled??

ADS

MJHY27

oh good thanks! If i'm going to be a car seat nut I guess I should know how to say the name of one of the biggest car seat companies :)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, I don't like to say it that way. If I'm talking to someone who won't know the difference I say it whatever way I want to. :p

Maedze

Yeah, I don't like to say it that way. If I'm talking to someone who won't know the difference I say it whatever way I want to. :p

Yeah, wouldn't do that. :whistle:

It will undermine your credibility when the person finds out you didn't know how to say it. :twocents:

TheNimpsGirl

Incorrectly, even though I know how to say it correctly.

I say, Bri-tax even though I know you should say it the other way, just every time I open my mouth it comes out wrong. I think it has to do with the fact that I said it that way before I learned how your actually suppose to say it.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, wouldn't do that. :whistle:

It will undermine your credibility when the person finds out you didn't know how to say it. :twocents:

I do know how to say it. I prefer not to. I say it correctly when talking to parents, etc.

When I'm talking to my mom or husband I say it however the heck I want to. :p

TheNimpsGirl

I have never met anyone who knows the way it's suppose to be said... only one of DH's friends owns one and she picked it because it was the most expensive one there and they had gift cards (but I still was happy cause it meant her peanut of a baby stayed RFing versus the GN someone in her mommy group said she get her 1 yr old).

If I stop and think before I open my mouth (so guess how often that happens) I say it "correctly".

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
My problem now is calling my Brita filter "Brih-ta" rather than my "Breye-ta" filter. hehe I used to say it "Brihtax," but then I called them one day and got corrected to the "Br-eye-tax" so I say it properly now.

Same thing with Chicco. I used to pronounce it as it looks. Chee-co. Not Key-co.

Wendy

Holly

I say it correctly now that I know how to say it, but last year I called it Brit tax, sometimes I still do if talking to dh, it's somehow easier to say?
I also can't for the life of me say chicco how it's supposed to be said, I have to say it like cheek-O I just can't get over the spelling that it's supposed to be Key-co.

featherhead

I'd really like to meet the crazy person that decided it should be said br-eye-tax. Nobody who just looks at the name written down is gonna know how to say it right.

disbugsmomma

Well, does the fact they didn't originate in the US help at all? :whistle:

I used to pronounce it Brit-ax, but was corrected and now I can't say it that way at all. It sounds too funny to me to say it wrong now. :shrug-shoulders:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC