How do you earn reputations points?

Laurette

I wanted to post an ISO in the Carseat swap but I guess I need to earn some rep points first. Clue me in please?

Also, I have tried to apply my CPST status but my user title hasn't ever changed so I must be doing something wrong.

ADS

2BunniesMommy

When somebody answers this question, can you also explain how to make it say not that reputation is disabled? Seems to go along the same lines and I have searched and searched for this.

Thanks!!!!

(to OP-so sorry to be adding to this and not having an answer for you! I hope someone can help.)

JerseyGirl'sMama

Under 'User CP' go to edit options and you will see the option to show reputation points. You can choose to disable or show points. You earn points by other members giving you 'rep' by posting good advice etc.

If you have applied for tech status but your title hasn't changed, go to 'User CP' and 'group memberships.' You should have the option to select your tech status there.

crunchierthanthou

I wanted to post an ISO in the Carseat swap but I guess I need to earn some rep points first. Clue me in please?

Also, I have tried to apply my CPST status but my user title hasn't ever changed so I must be doing something wrong.

since rep is restricted to the technical areas, focus your time there. I usually give rep for extra insightful or helpful posts. digging up a link or photo for a reference is a big plus.

also, give rep. it shouldn't be reciprocal, but it sort of seems to be. Not in the you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours kind of way, but when someone I don't see often gives me rep it sort of puts them on my radar. I don't read every word of every thread (anymore :eek:) but I skim a lot of them. Unless it's a really detailed thread with a lot of new or in depth information, I don't read it all unless I plan on replying. I might read a post more thoroughly if I'm more familiar with the poster saying it. :shrug-shoulders:

When somebody answers this question, can you also explain how to make it say not that reputation is disabled? Seems to go along the same lines and I have searched and searched for this.

Thanks!!!!

(to OP-so sorry to be adding to this and not having an answer for you! I hope someone can help.)

you enable it in the edit options area of your usercp. It should be the second section.

Laurette

Thanks to everyone who replied. I checked the box to enable Rep, does it take a while to kick in? And I applied to be approved for the Tech professionals group too.

Why does it have to be so complicated? LOL

Laurette

Hum, I know I have done it before. And I just tried to add my name and Tech ID # to that field and it told me this:

You did not enter the correct format for the Registration Verification Quiz field. Please read the field description for the expected format.

ETA: ok I finally figured this out... lol

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Thanks to everyone who replied. I checked the box to enable Rep, does it take a while to kick in? And I applied to be approved for the Tech professionals group too.

Why does it have to be so complicated? LOL

More features almost always means more complicated:-(

since rep is restricted to the technical areas, focus your time there. I usually give rep for extra insightful or helpful posts. digging up a link or photo for a reference is a big plus.

also, give rep. it shouldn't be reciprocal, but it sort of seems to be. Not in the you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours kind of way, but when someone I don't see often gives me rep it sort of puts them on my radar. I don't read every word of every thread (anymore :eek:) but I skim a lot of them. Unless it's a really detailed thread with a lot of new or in depth information, I don't read it all unless I plan on replying. I might read a post more thoroughly if I'm more familiar with the poster saying it. :shrug-shoulders:

It can't be too reciprocal cuz the forum won't let you give out too much to one person unless you give some to other people first. Limit might only be just one rep before you gotta spread it around.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Hum, I know I have done it before. And I just tried to add my name and Tech ID # to that field and it told me this:

You did not enter the correct format for the Registration Verification Quiz field. Please read the field description for the expected format.

You can enter the word "Safe" into the last entry field to see if that helps. That's used for new members to filter out automated spam accounts, I'm not sure why it gave you an error message.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
If you are already registered (you are), you can skip that step. It looks like you already have issued a request to join the technical professionals usergroup. Once your name and tech number are entered and you have made the appropriate changes to your Safe Kids profile, it should only take a day or two at most.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It can't be too reciprocal cuz the forum won't let you give out too much to one person unless you give some to other people first. Limit might only be just one rep before you gotta spread it around.

I think she meant more of in a karmic way...not a one-to-one ratio, but rep's like love, the more you give, the more you get, and when you put your name in the box when you vote for someone, they'll think of you some day and, well, reciprocate :love:

Laurette

You can enter the word "Safe" into the last entry field to see if that helps. That's used for new members to filter out automated spam accounts, I'm not sure why it gave you an error message.

Thanks, I finally figured that out... It just wasn't clicking in my head.

So I also need to go to Safekids.org and change something there? ETA: I figured that out too...

I "think" I have finally filled out all the approprate things. :)

I think she meant more of in a karmic way...not a one-to-one ratio, but rep's like love, the more you give, the more you get, and when you put your name in the box when you vote for someone, they'll think of you some day and, well, reciprocate :love:

I know. I just wanted to point out that the forum automatically prevents any kind of "scratch my back, I'll scratch yours". I understand the reason for it, but it still irks me a little. It's stopped me from repping you and a couple other people until I "spread the love" around some more. And I wasn't doing it to curry favors either. I don't give out a lot of rep and some people post up multiple posts I feel are deserving of rep and I can't give em out.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I know. I just wanted to point out that the forum automatically prevents any kind of "scratch my back, I'll scratch yours". I understand the reason for it, but it still irks me a little. It's stopped me from repping you and a couple other people until I "spread the love" around some more. And I wasn't doing it to curry favors either. I don't give out a lot of rep and some people post up multiple posts I feel are deserving of rep and I can't give em out.

I agree. There are times when one person is new and I see multiple really good, helpful posts from them, but can't rep them twice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC