Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Posting Problems

I am trying to start a new thread/post in the SWAP folder... Can someone please tell me why? thanks
    Last edited by SafeDad; 07-01-2009 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Swap content removed

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar

Re: Posting Problems

You need to gain access

http://www.car-seat.org/announcement.php?f=16

Senior Community Members, Technical Professionals and subscribers may submit new threads (wanted, for sale, for trade, price checks) in the Carseat Swap (Carseats and CPS related) and Swap-O-Rama (all other items) sub-forums. Senior Community Members are Community Members who have been registered for 1 year, have 100 posts and 50 reputation points. No exceptions will be made. Anything resembling a for sale, for trade, in search of or price check post on other forums will be edited or removed at the discretion of the moderators.

You have to gain access. You may post threads on the Swap forum for free when you are a Senior Community Member (100 posts, 50 reputation, 1 year registered). You may also gain access by subscribing through the forum system. Subscriptions start at only $5 and will gain you access right away.

Alex, 8 Katie, 12 and Jan/Feb 2017

Carseat Crazy

OK, so I understand the 1 year and 100 posts, but can someone please explain (or point me in the right direction) about the reputation points? I found how to add to someone's reputation, but are there rules about when you can/should do this? Can you do it for any helpful post, or is there a criteria/etiquette you should be following?

Some basics on the reputation system are here-

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=8944

Many people ignore the criteria/etiquette listed. Reputation points are not routinely policed unless a major abuse pattern is reported or suspected.