How much longer in MA?

Splash

Someone just tell me when he's going to outgrow this seat. It'll help a lot. Thanks.

3y10m, 41ish inches, 42ish pounds.
3677376222_c0c6173e1b.jpg

3676561383_421b90cc1b.jpg

And bright eyes in his Coccoro (bad picture, but cute kid anyway)
3676561067_72362baa07.jpg

Still debating if I want that chest clip on or off. Dunno yet.

ADS

TheQueenMother

my Iddy is about the same weight and fits the same way. I worry about her shoulders being squished but she doesn't seem to mind. Both of the boys are beautiful. Those eyes just make me melt. If I were into arranged marriages, I would be pointing my Lydia Charlie's way
Amanda

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I'd say you have about a year. Unless you have reason to believe Charlie will end extremely short-torsoed like safeinthecars kids, i would not bet on more than a year, although it could end up being more than a year.
i know you said some of charlies early growth/size was due to steroids....is he still on those? If not, has his growth pattern changed since he has been off? If you think he is grownign more slowly now, I might bank on more...but if he is still growing fairly quickly, it might not be a year.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
My dd fit in hers pretty close to how he fits right before she turned 4. I thought she was going to outgrow it quickly. She ougrew it sometimes between 5 and 5.5. Not sure exactly when since she moved to the FR right around 5.

sb518

I'd also guess about a year. My niece was even with the top slots of the MA at 42" and she's got an average size torso. If he grows an inch in a year I'm guess a year.

Splash

Yeah, he was on steroids for awhile, and he grew super fast. He was over the third slots by his second birthday, he outgrew the RA before 2 years. But he has slowed down a lot. A whole lot. Actually, I'd say he's barely bigger now than he was a year ago. He can still wear his clothes from last summer and he's been able to wear the same fleece jacket for over two years. His pants are a bit short, but shirts still fit. Shoes, eek. His feet have exploded. But torso, he's had very little change. I figured he would outgrow the MA by four, but apparently he'll get a bit more time.

mamabear

When DD1 was at that point she was 3yrs 6mos, and made it just past 5 years old.

DD2 is 3yrs 10 mos and is about where Charlie is now. I hope and sort of expect her to make it to 5 as well. Then I'll put her in DD1's Frontier.

I'd say Charlie has at least another year.

emandbri

I'm going to guess 1 year 9 months. Does the person who gets closest win something? :D

I found a picture of Benjamin. In this picture he was 3 years 8 months old and fit until 5.5. I think he was around 38 lbs not sure on height.

DSC00840.JPG

Last edited:

zactayaus

OMG! Charlie fits the same way my 6yo fits (keep in mind my 6yo is a peanut:p). Charlie is also 3 lbs heavier than my 6yo, but my DS has 2 inches on Charlie.:rolleyes: Does that mean my DS will still fit in the MA when he's like 8yo.:eek:

Jennifer mom to my 7

Looks about the same as this, right?

IMG_7709_1.jpg

I had just flipped her ff, 36.5 inches, 33 pounds. She lasted over a year after that, I think she would have made it to February or so, once I got a more upright install. Oh, but she was only 25 months so still in a big growth age. She is now about 40-41 pounds, 41?inches. Haven't gotten height recently.

NannyMom

Your kids are absolutely adorable, but you already know that ;) I'd guess he has at least a year.

Is the chest clip on the Coccoro optional?

monstah

Is the chest clip on the Coccoro optional?

Nope. I actually re-read the manual last night specifically looking for that. The harness pads are optional, the clip is not. Man, what I would give for a chest clip optional seat. :whistle:

I would also guess about 1 year left in the MA for Charlie.

Bright eyes. :love:

Splash

No, it's not "optional." But I'm not against taking it off if the harness fit is better. It's a useless piece of plastic. If it doesn't bother or interfere, I don't mess with it. If it does bother or interfere, I've no qualms removing it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC