Combi Coccoro, front passenger leg room

Splash

My car has a very small backseat (Subaru Forester) and it is difficult to get a RF seat in the back without completely obliterating the front seat. I bought a Coccoro in the hopes that it would allow a comfortable/safe distance from the dash for a front passenger. It does, by far. I thought I would show pictures of the difference.

Front passenger leg room, Britax Marathon 30* upright angle, braced against front seat
3677376852_313c355772_m.jpg

Britax Marathon 45* reclined angle, tightly braced against front seat
3677376938_505782ae91_m.jpg

Britax Roundabout, 30* upright angle, braced against front seat
3677376644_f98470d926_m.jpg

Combi Coccoro, 45* reclined angle with ~1" space between CS and front seat, NOT touching front seat at all
3676561513_8015239588_m.jpg

Obviously a huge difference and well worth the price even for only a year or so of use.

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Splash, I am baffled by your pics. How does your leg figure in to this situation? Is your knee a stand in for the different car seats?

capeKO71

I *think* she's sitting in the front passenger seat... with each seat installed... and showing how far back she can have the passenger seat with each seat installed per the manufacturers recommendations (braced or not braced)

Very cool... I think if I ever had another one, this is the route I'd be going.

autumnlily

Great Pics and YES, definitely worth a CCO if leg room or "sight" issues persist(I'm a shorty and need to be able to see over our seats easily). And, great for chubby baby thighs :)

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I *think* she's sitting in the front passenger seat... with each seat installed... and showing how far back she can have the passenger seat with each seat installed per the manufacturers recommendations (braced or not braced)

Ahhh, that makes so much sense!

Splash

Splash, I am baffled by your pics. How does your leg figure in to this situation? Is your knee a stand in for the different car seats?

Yeah, I was showing the leg room. I wanted to actually take a picture from the side of me sitting in the seat, but I would then need another person to take the pics, and alas I didn't have another person. So I just used my hand to show how much knee room there is.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Ok, I love that you installed each of those seats, then took the time to take a picture of your knee after each one :D

The CCO does take up amazingly little room.

Here's the space behind the driver's seat in my (former) Prius with the Coccoro:

IMGP2445.jpg

And here's the SS1 installed. It's almost right up against the seat. Barely room to squeeze in a hand to release the seat.

IMGP2441.jpg

NannyMom

Wow. DadBoss isn't comfortable in MomBoss' Odyssey with the SS1 behind him. Oh how he would love to have the Coccoro there. I wish our BRU would get it there. I want to see it in person!!

kmcenery

Thank you for the pictures. We have been try to figuare out what to use for our car because infant seats wont fit behind the passanger seat with out me being in the dash and and I cant recline my efta or ma enough for a newborn. The Coccoro may just what we need.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC