vibe or matrix? Any hope for 3 across?

ADS

jbarro

Hi,

I copied this a year or so ago, because I had a Vibe at the time. HTH!

Originally Posted by Unregistered
Avery'smomma - Just for curiosity's sake, which 3 seats do you have in your Vibe? As I fellow Vibe-owner, I would love to know, though I currently only have one child

It's temporary, the vibe is my DH's primary car, we bent a rim on my van thanks to the lovely Michigan pot holes! Anyway, I've got a Marathon in the center, rear facing with the seat belt, and an Evenflo Chase and a Graco Cargo outboard with LATCH. It's tight, but the doors close and each is independently installed well. I didn't think they would fit and worried because I car pool with a friend to preschool, but they are in! The Graco fits better, FWIW. I had to borrow the Evenflo from my friend and the Graco from my in-laws because I couldn't have done this with my Regent or Apex65 for sure! Can't wait for my van back on Tuesday (although the gas mileage is alot nicer!)

skipspin

I've gotten several combos of RNs, the Combi Coc, and Parkways in my SIL's Vibe. It's tight, and you've got to have the right seats in the right order, but it's possible for sure.

devaskyla

I can get a Rf'ing Radian, FF AOE (with no base) & lowback booster in my mom's Matrix. I've also done FF Radian, Primo Vaggio SIP infant seat & low back booster. It's a bit tricky to buckle the booster, but doable.

abbi_n_nadia

We have an 09 matrix and I think its definitely possible to fit 3 but I haven't tried it because right now the seats we have are a Regent and a Boulevard. I am pretty sure that nothing else will fit with those two, there definitely wasn't room for anyone to sit between them. I think it will be a tight fit with any combination of seats but I would say radian's would work for sure...thats probably a duh though.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I have a 2009 Vibe in my driveway right now.

Currently I have a RF MA, clek oto, FF RN. The oto is hard to buckle and wouldn't be ideal in that spot but it does work. I want to play a bit more with the RN RF, putting the frontier in there along with moving the MA around a bit. I'm pretty sure you could easily get get a RN, MA, RN and I will likely try during nap time.

What seats are you looking at putting in?

cookie123

Thanks for the replies. It wouldn't be for any regular use. I just want to know if the option is there. We're looking at the Vibe/Matrix or the Jetta TDI sedan right now.

There would be 2 boosters. I have a FPSV booster and 2 Radians. One would be rear facing. That sounds like it would likely work. I'd rather do 2 boosters for the big kids. I can't see DH installing a Radian, let alone 2, in a pinch.

a_js

That combination should work (I have an 04 matrix). No LATCH in the center though, at least for us. I could see puzzling a Marathon in rearfacing if I had to but it would suck, frankly.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I played a bit with the Vibe and got quite a few different 3 across. I put the info in the 3 across thead. Here is the link to that post. Pictures are included. The MA takes up less room RF then the RN does. You can see the pass. seat pulled up with the RN behind it. Where the drivers seat is in that picture is exactly where it was when the MA was RF behind it.

cookie123

jewels, thanks for the link. I don't know why I didn't get anything with my search. The good news is I already have 2 Radians. How was the install with those? I've decided today that I like the Rn over boosters any day.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
jewels, thanks for the link. I don't know why I didn't get anything with my search. The good news is I already have 2 Radians. How was the install with those? I've decided today that I like the Rn over boosters any day.

I tried them both with seatbelt and they were a breeze to install. I don't think I even put my knee in it just pushed down with my hand. The front foot was down on both.

I did find that with the RN in the middle my DS didn't have any extra room in the harness height but still did in the RN on the side. So just beware of that. The middle seat must sit differently then the side seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC