Is there a

cmm7

CPS safety week/month? I want to write up some fliers for some daycares and was thinking that would be a good time to do it. Are there any sites with premade fliers? Also, will techs do check ups at places like day cares? How much would it cost to get them to go there?

Thanks!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
CPS safety week/month? I want to write up some fliers for some daycares and was thinking that would be a good time to do it. Are there any sites with premade fliers? Also, will techs do check ups at places like day cares? How much would it cost to get them to go there?

Thanks!

I don't know about a safety week/month dedicated to CPS, but there are some reproducible materials at http://www.carseat.org.

Checks are generally volunteer events, as far as I know. I think the tech who gets paid for checks (rather than getting paid via the fire department where they're employeed) is less common than the one who gets paid.

I think if it's a decent sized daycare, and a time and place can be arranged, and techs grabbed, it'd be a GREAT place to do a check. Even having one or two techs do the seats if it's a small place would be awesome.

Wendy

flipper68

Senior Community Member
Sites with flyers your can purchase/print:

www.safekids.org
www.carseat.org
www.nhsta.dot.gov

(CPS week is in Feb.)

You can search for info and look for techs in your area. Safe Kids also has state and local level coalitions with a coordinator. They would be your first contact for setting up a check up event. [In NE, they send out an email to ALL techs each month of ALL events. From there, techs 'sign up' to work specific events.]

As far as cost, we techs work CHEAP. Access to the bathroom, drinks, meal or snacks are all I expect. Other costs might include seats to have available for purchase, printing cost of flyers and educational materials, and possibly interpreters if you have many non-English speaking families.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
$

Hence my "FREEwebs" choice of website, LOL ... thank goodness for my parents' family-owned company: otherwise I'd never afford all the printing I do (for giving to schools/daycares/consignment shops & individual families) :eek: If I had a lap top I could save a bit by simply taking it to seatchecks (I'm thinking Power Point Presentation) & letting the families + kids, too review most stuff right there with me :) Assuming time isn't a strict factor :rolleyes:

Tracy

CPST Instructor
CPS week

National CPS week is the week of Valentine's day every year. This next year, it is 2/11-2/17/07

Tracy
CPST/I

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC