Need input, please

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I have suffered the loss of countless computers all crashing on me lately -- filled with the latest protection, but well, honestly my Dr. & the comp. techs believe I have an unusual amount of electric energy in me :eek: :p All the typical methods of grounding me before I touch the computer haven't been working & there's no other answer in sight @@ Sooooo, I've lots tons upon tons of awesome CPS related favorite links *UGH* I need your help: I have the basics, those I can remember enough of to Google search....

I have "joined forces" with my local church to make sure their Babies First program is maintaining safest practice with parents. I have accounts with 3 distributors & I have awesome print-outs for parents + WHALE ("we have a little emergency") stickers to put a child's picture with rescue contact information to stick on carseats :D Here's me new website > www.freewebs.com/SacredJourneys ~ please share any ideas, oppinions, informative links, etc.

THANKS

ADS

LuvBug

Im telling you, some people just have it in them! I promise you every time I was at work at my old job(movie store) I broke at least one if not ALL THREE printers every day I worked. I wasnt physically breaking them, they would go all freaky and stop working. The computer would also suddenly freeze at least once a week.
Also every single time I have gone in to registration for class to register or add/drop something the system has gone down. And all I am doing is standing there. LOL!
My electronics at home are normal all the time though. WEIRD!

skaterbabs

I'll try to get a page put together here soon with a good comprehensive list of links. That way you only have to keep up with one link, but it will take you to all of them. ;) lol

Would you mind emailing me the plan your church is putting together? Mine is willing to consider sponsoring a permanent monthly or biweekly fitting station, but they want some hard data and plans.

Simplysomething

Would you mind emailing me the plan your church is putting together? Mine is willing to consider sponsoring a permanent monthly or biweekly fitting station, but they want some hard data and plans.

Your post got me wondering. If the church was to do a fitting station, would it be open to the general public, would they pass out religious literature? Not saying that it's bad, I'm just curious.

There was a check at my sons pediatricians office when they moved locations. I wish it was a regular thing (because the peds office is so very very close. It would just be nice). I have no point here. lol

skaterbabs

Your post got me wondering. If the church was to do a fitting station, would it be open to the general public, would they pass out religious literature? Not saying that it's bad, I'm just curious.

Well, since I would be running and "manning" it, and I'd be handing out the literature, I'd say at most there might be a blurb about kids being God's most precious gift, so we must protect them, a Bible verse, and the church's contact info.
;)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Argh!

Sorry -- guess I forgot to ACTIVITE :eek: Hopefully this works now :confused:
(I'm still working on organization: just wanted to get what I had in my brain up there 1st)
Becky, here ya go > http://www.fingerlakeswebs.com/babiesfirst/
Booster seats/Car Seats - must be in good shape with working buckle latch. (need to be less then one year old and in excellent condition)
They have an annex section of the building (the building is sort of 2 buildings remodeled together to share space) in the basement: 1 large room for kids to play safely & adults to meet comfortably (always left open to the public & also used for other community gatherings) + 1 large room for storage -- which is always locked (drop box for notes/requests/suggestions/etc. in corner & hanging clip board used for signing during random drop offs [the Used Seat Checklist is now there to be complete with a warning that seats will otherwise be demolished + address/phone/email contact]) :) I'm planning to use my website as a means of QUICKLY/EASILY finding & sharing any number of things with families on the congegration's computer: I will definitely include + use your link as well!

Unitarian Universalism = noncredal, The Uncommon Denomination....
Seatchecks are based solely (heh, as opposed to "soul-y" LOL) on SafeKids curriculum!

Last edited:

skaterbabs

Thanks! I usually teach a semi-annual class, but the checks would be held in the carport next to the church. The pastors are concerned about my safety being there alone for 2-3 hours, so it would be strictly by appointment at first.

Splash

Great site so far! Except now it is making me REALLY wish I hadn't given up my Latch-Loc. I was sure I would be able to buy another one when/if I needed it... guess not! Why did they stop making them, anyone know? Mine was already almost two years old when I bought it for Charlie (new of course) and it was the newest one I could find. That's why I gave it away, because it would be expired by the time the next baby was born...

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I changed the organization -- is it essentially easy to navigate? (ya know, for the elderly ladies, especially)

P.S. if you click my screen name & scroll down you'll be able to find my site, too: just remember the 1st URL in the 1st post of this thread does not work....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC