Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Test drove the CRV and RDX

Quote Originally Posted by thefosters.2 View Post
    My sister used to be a service advisor at VW and the Touaregs have had a slew of electrical problems since day one. Most owners who bought within the first year or two not only had to come in often for various recalls but were also always in for service more then a few times a month. They may have worked all the bugs out now that it has been on the market for a few years.
    This is why Dh and I are always weary of buying a "new modeled" vehicle. It does seem to take a few years to "get the bugs out" lol!!
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Yes I totally agree with not buying a first year model...but we are currently looking into getting a new SUV and had decided on the Volvo XC90 but then hubby decided we needed something big. So he said a new suburban which is the first model year since the big re-do. But then I went and looked at the 2007 Acura MDX and fell in love...but again it is a first model year of a re-do. Ugh...oh and it still isn't big but he'll have to deal with that one

Yes I totally agree with not buying a first year model...but we are currently looking into getting a new SUV and had decided on the Volvo XC90 but then hubby decided we needed something big. So he said a new suburban which is the first model year since the big re-do. But then I went and looked at the 2007 Acura MDX and fell in love...but again it is a first model year of a re-do. Ugh...oh and it still isn't big but he'll have to deal with that one
    It's not always the "re-do" of a model that concerns me, it's when the Model is Completely brand new.
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9

I agree with you but both of these vehicles "refreshing" was a major one, kind of like the re-do from the 2004 and older Odyssey versus the 2005 Oddy. And I know the 2005 Odyssey had some issues they have now fixed on the 2006. But what can ya do...when you want a new car it is hard to wait another year just because of the fear of "new model bugs"...haha well at least it is hard for me to wait!

I agree with you but both of these vehicles "refreshing" was a major one, kind of like the re-do from the 2004 and older Odyssey versus the 2005 Oddy. And I know the 2005 Odyssey had some issues they have now fixed on the 2006. But what can ya do...when you want a new car it is hard to wait another year just because of the fear of "new model bugs"...haha well at least it is hard for me to wait!
    True true!! What's been nice though is everything is covered under warranty

I have had odds and ends kind of issues with my Ody, but definitely nothing to complain about. I think all cars experience some kind of quality issue, well I take that back, my Toyota 4-runner had NO issues whatso ever. I think it was indestructible. te he
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9

Yeah I was kinda nervous about the RDX since it is new - however, it is based quite a bit on the CRV - but I agree sometimes it is better to wait.
    Steph
    Mom to R (5-steps),
    E and A (riding in Nuna Pipas)

Senior Community Member

I've never driven the XC90, but there are a gazillion on the roads around here, and I hear it's a really nice car. Have you tried it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by twokidstwodogs View Post
    I've never driven the XC90, but there are a gazillion on the roads around here, and I hear it's a really nice car. Have you tried it yet?
    I was just talking to another Mom that has one and she loves it however she said she only gets 13 1/2 miles to the gallon in the city......she got better gas mileage with her Ford Expedition!!!

So I'm thinking I of taking it off my list.
    Steph
    Mom to R (5-steps),
    E and A (riding in Nuna Pipas)

Senior Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by saa2006 View Post
    I was just talking to another Mom that has one and she loves it however she said she only gets 13 1/2 miles to the gallon in the city......she got better gas mileage with her Ford Expedition!!!

So I'm thinking I of taking it off my list.

Oh my, that's pretty lousy gas mileage! Volvos usually do better than that. Does she have an eight cylinder version, I wonder?