Test drove the CRV and RDX

lovinwaves

My sister used to be a service advisor at VW and the Touaregs have had a slew of electrical problems since day one. Most owners who bought within the first year or two not only had to come in often for various recalls but were also always in for service more then a few times a month. They may have worked all the bugs out now that it has been on the market for a few years.

This is why Dh and I are always weary of buying a "new modeled" vehicle. It does seem to take a few years to "get the bugs out" lol!! :)

ADS

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Yes I totally agree with not buying a first year model...but we are currently looking into getting a new SUV and had decided on the Volvo XC90 but then hubby decided we needed something big. So he said a new suburban which is the first model year since the big re-do. But then I went and looked at the 2007 Acura MDX and fell in love...but again it is a first model year of a re-do. Ugh...oh and it still isn't big but he'll have to deal with that one

lovinwaves

Yes I totally agree with not buying a first year model...but we are currently looking into getting a new SUV and had decided on the Volvo XC90 but then hubby decided we needed something big. So he said a new suburban which is the first model year since the big re-do. But then I went and looked at the 2007 Acura MDX and fell in love...but again it is a first model year of a re-do. Ugh...oh and it still isn't big but he'll have to deal with that one

It's not always the "re-do" of a model that concerns me, it's when the Model is Completely brand new.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I agree with you but both of these vehicles "refreshing" was a major one, kind of like the re-do from the 2004 and older Odyssey versus the 2005 Oddy. And I know the 2005 Odyssey had some issues they have now fixed on the 2006. But what can ya do...when you want a new car it is hard to wait another year just because of the fear of "new model bugs"...haha well at least it is hard for me to wait!

lovinwaves

I agree with you but both of these vehicles "refreshing" was a major one, kind of like the re-do from the 2004 and older Odyssey versus the 2005 Oddy. And I know the 2005 Odyssey had some issues they have now fixed on the 2006. But what can ya do...when you want a new car it is hard to wait another year just because of the fear of "new model bugs"...haha well at least it is hard for me to wait!

True true!! What's been nice though is everything is covered under warranty :D

I have had odds and ends kind of issues with my Ody, but definitely nothing to complain about. I think all cars experience some kind of quality issue, well I take that back, my Toyota 4-runner had NO issues whatso ever. I think it was indestructible. te he:p

steph

Yeah I was kinda nervous about the RDX since it is new - however, it is based quite a bit on the CRV - but I agree sometimes it is better to wait.

steph

I've never driven the XC90, but there are a gazillion on the roads around here, and I hear it's a really nice car. Have you tried it yet?

I was just talking to another Mom that has one and she loves it however she said she only gets 13 1/2 miles to the gallon in the city......she got better gas mileage with her Ford Expedition!!!

So I'm thinking I of taking it off my list.

twokidstwodogs

I was just talking to another Mom that has one and she loves it however she said she only gets 13 1/2 miles to the gallon in the city......she got better gas mileage with her Ford Expedition!!!

So I'm thinking I of taking it off my list.

Oh my, that's pretty lousy gas mileage! Volvos usually do better than that. Does she have an eight cylinder version, I wonder?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC