a few ?'s.

skylinphoto

Which seats have the most legroom when rfing? I did a search and read all the posts I could. :) I just want to know how some of the newer seats on the market compare.

Also, do you think a radian would install well in a small 4 dr sedan (98 passat..has to be seatbelt install)?
Where could I try out a radian..i don't know of any stores in the area (jax fl) that carry it..

((dh is really interested in the radian)).

Ds is getting uncomfortable in the signo rfing..for obvious reasons. lol. But, we still want him rfing.

ADS

AtTheSouthDam

Just about everything has more leg room than a Signo RF :p

We went from the Como to a Radian XT, which doesn't work well in my van but has the most leg room. Now DD2 is in a TF, which has adequate leg room for her. She is comfortable. We tried teh MR at the BRU in town and it has a nice amount of leg room, as well, similar to the TF. But nothing compares to the RN simply because it has such low sides, the kids have more options for the their legs. DD2's favorite position in the RN was on leg tucked under the other with the other foot sitting on the bench seat over the side of the car seat.

heyruthie

everyone seems to agree on the radian.

i also think the EFTA and MR65, and TF have decent legroom. and, in some ways, i felt that the Avenue was a "poor man's radian" in that it seemed to have good legroom too--with the small base style. but this is just based on what i've seen--not a comprehensive list.

ctbcleveland

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=18235

The thread above has cars that are compatible with a Radian. Can't search for your now since I am at work. :whistle:

Be advised that even if there is a successful install, it does not mean it will work well for a passenger in the front seat. We have a Honda Odyssey and the Radian makes it very difficult to use the front passenger seat comfortably. We are ok with this, since I always sit in the back with DS anyway - but you acheive the leg room in this seat with a very steep recline.

It might be a bigger deal in a Passat because your backseat is tiny compared to a minivan - not sure if you could fit two car seats and an adult back there.

One quick note - I believe all new radians come with a new RF foot. This is supposed to help reduce the recline by a few degrees and therefore help the passenger in the front seat. I suggest you poke around this site to figure out when the change occured so you buy a newer seat with this feature.

Pixels

The change to the Radians was between August and September 2008. There's a link in my siggy to a thread with all the changes that they made at that point.

skylinphoto

Wow! Thanks for all the info everyone!
And ctbcleveland, I normally don't have to worry about how far the driver is pushed forward...both me and dh are SHORT. Like we're both under 5'5. lol.

Does anyone know of any stores that carry the radian seats?

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
One note about installing the Radian in a VW - one of the commonly-needed "tricks" for the Radian is twisting the buckle stalk to shorten it, as the Radian has very low belt paths both RF and FF. Many VWs have cable buckle stalks, instead of webbed, and the cable stalks cannot be twisted.

For this reason, the Radian is incompatible RF in the center of our VW ('01 Golf). It's lovely FF, though.

ctbcleveland

And ctbcleveland, I normally don't have to worry about how far the driver is pushed forward...both me and dh are SHORT. Like we're both under 5'5. lol.

Does anyone know of any stores that carry the radian seats?

LOL - I'm only 5'4 :) but am super pregnant right now and try to sit far away from the dashboard.

The website would not work for me today to check for a brick and mortar retailer in your area. Maybe give it a try tomorrow. (www.skjp.com)

Anyway, where I live, there were no stores. You have the option of buying from a store like Target or Elite Car Seats which will allow easier returns. They might cost a little more upfront, but if you are in doubt, that will protect you from spending lots to ship it back. It is a heavy seat.

I just bought from a traditional online retailer because I knew the seat would work in my car.

Pixels

This is the closest one to Jacksonville:
BABIES ROOM
5110 NW 34th St
Gainesville, FL 32605
US
(352) 378-8898

Call before you go (if you go), make sure they actually have the Radian and not just other SKJP products.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC