And the search begins...03 Ody or 08 Sedona?

ateammom

DH is selling his pickup in order to get something cheaper. We're looking at an 03 Ody for around 8-9K or an 08 Sedona for somewhere between 12-14K. And advice? I'm not sure what all the Sedona has in it, but the Ody is loaded with leather and DVD. I know the Odys have had transmission problems and it has 103K miles, but I'm truly scared of Kia. I have a 10yo in a booster, a 3 yo in a ma/radian and a new bean due in December.

ADS

ateammom

Nevermind. DH is out looking and said Sedona, but it's a Sorento.

Still, if you have any input on the Ody, I'd appreciate it. The sales person is checking to see if the tranny has been replaced, but I don't know that he'll find anything. He's also checking on an extended warranty, specifically one that covers trannies.

firemomof3

Make sure to check the Sorento's crash test ratings...I think I saw that they are not very good.
Personally, I would get the Sedona simply because of the awsome crash tests :)

Melanie

So I know I'm chiming in late & the Sedona is kind of a moot point now, BUT...that's an aweful lot of miles on the Honda especially if you can get a comparable Kia with 10k miles or so.

I dislike my 04 Sedona and frequently bash it. I really feel it's a completely different animal than the newer Sedonas. They redesigned in 2006. From what I've gathered from other owners, Kia mechanics and other mechanics a lot of the issues have been fixed with the newer design. I know for sure that they have bigger better brakes so they shouldn't have the brake issue of the older version.

One think to keep in mind with used Kias is the 100k/10 year warranty will only apply to the first owner. Subsequent owners get a more standard warranty. Mine (on an 04 so it could've changed) was 60k miles/5 years.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC