Got my new MA today! (pics with my 6yo)

zactayaus

This seat is really for the baby but he was sleeping and I wanted to play so I made DS2 pose in it. Sorry about the doritto face and messy hair.:eek:

DS2's stats are: 6yo, 39lbs, 43", 15" torso

AustinintheMA004.jpg

AustinintheMA005.jpg

AustinintheMA008.jpg

AustinintheMA009.jpg

ADS

munchkin

Wow he has quite a bit of room left, I wonder if he will lose any when installed. Can you take a pic of just the seat, so we can see the whole cover? Thanks!

zactayaus

Wow he has quite a bit of room left, I wonder if he will lose any when installed. Can you take a pic of just the seat, so we can see the whole cover? Thanks!

Here you go! I love the cover.:love: It's plush but has a checkered tecture to it. Almost makes it look like a mesh cover.

AustinintheMA.jpg

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Nice!!!
but seriously? How do you guys get the miniature kids, lol? DD at 4.75 is all but even with the top slots of a ma.....

Shaunam

Nice!!!
but seriously? How do you guys get the miniature kids, lol? DD at 4.75 is all but even with the top slots of a ma.....

I know, DS has the same stats almost and has a bigger torso. I'm so jealous! I'm hoping for smaller babies in the future. New SO is kind of short so maybe I'll get lucky. LOL

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Gorgeous seat, gorgeous kids :thumbsup:
I'm envious, I'd love that to match my Frontier in my van :love:

MOM25BOYS

I really like that cover.:D Red and black always looks cool together.... thats why I love the Crimson Vivo. :cool: Thanks for sharing and how do you like the Click N Safe on it?

zactayaus

Nice!!!

I know, DS has the same stats almost and has a bigger torso. I'm so jealous! I'm hoping for smaller babies in the future. New SO is kind of short so maybe I'll get lucky. LOL

Well I got lucky with the 2nd two kids being peanuts.:p My first was a good size kid. When DS1 was 6yo he was 52lbs and 47". My 4th looks like he's going to follow DS1's growth pattern. He's already 14lbs at just 10 weeks old and is over 24" tall. He also has a long torso. I think it's about 11" or so.:eek:

I had originally thought about getting the RA50 but then thought he might outgrow it by weight before he was 5yo. Then I saw the crimson cover on the MA and I was sold.

zactayaus

Your boys look soooo much alike.

Yeah, it's kind of eerie how much alike they all look.:p

I'm envious, I'd love that to match my Frontier in my van :love:

My dh would LOVE that cover (his fav colors). Nice seat :)

I did get the seat to match the frontier in DH's truck. Red and black are his favorite colors. I knew he wouldn't give me a hard time about buying another seat because technically it was for him.:D

I really like that cover.:D Red and black always looks cool together.... thats why I love the Crimson Vivo. :cool: Thanks for sharing and how do you like the Click N Safe on it?

Right now my opinion of the Click N Safe is that it's totally not worth the extra money (I only paid $220 total for the seat so I'm not crying over it). Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I can't get it to make a click. I had it so tight on DS3 that he was in obvious discomfort and it still wouldn't click.:rolleyes: He's taking a nap right now but I will try again later when he's up and in a good mood.

InternationalMama

I'm curious: Does it say anything in the manual about harness tightness other than "Tighten the harness until you hear a click."? I was looking at a European seat with "Click and Safe" the other day and that is all the info they gave about how tight the harness should be. Since you're not hearing a click that got me thinking about the instruction manual...

zactayaus

I'm curious: Does it say anything in the manual about harness tightness other than "Tighten the harness until you hear a click."? I was looking at a European seat with "Click and Safe" the other day and that is all the info they gave about how tight the harness should be. Since you're not hearing a click that got me thinking about the instruction manual...

The manual reads like this:

8. Slowly pull the adjuster strap until the harness is snug around the child. The harness adjuster will click when the harness is snug.

NOTE: The Click & Safe Snug Harness Indicator is an audible aide to help determine when the harness is within range of appropriate snugness. When tightening the harness, this audible click provides extra assuarance that the harness is snug.
-A snug strap should not allow any slack. It lies in a relatively straight line without sagging. It does not press on the child's flesh or push the child's body into an unnatural position.
-You should not be able to pinch excess webbing at the shoulder once the harness is properly secured.

9. If there is still slack in the harness, review the checklist and then pull the harness adjuster strap again until anohter click indicates a snug harness.

I tried DS3 in it again and regardless of what the manual says I can't get mine to click. It is not even humanly possible to tighten it any more without injuring my poor little guy. I'll try DS2 in it again later but I have to rethread everything (I already took off the hugs and put the harness in the bottom slots) but I know I never got a click with him either.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC