Nothing that hasn't been said before...

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
...but I saw it for myself recently. :eek:

I moved DS's Radian in our Focus from centre to outboard for a road-trip we took. He's been sitting pretty much even with the top slots in the Radian for a few months now, however, he gained maybe 1/2 an inch of growing room when it was installed in the outboard seat. :thumbsup:

Now, would I put him there permanently when he goes over?... :scratcheshead:

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Depends on what other options you have. If the only choice is a booster, then I'd definitely move him outboard and keep him harnessed. If the choice is a taller harnessed seat in the middle, I'd do that.
Isn't that fit difference amazing depending on the vehicle seat??!?!

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Isn't that fit difference amazing depending on the vehicle seat??!?!

Yes! I was really surprised since it's just a bench seat in our car - I wouldn't have expected there to be any difference from one position to another.

I've got our Nautilus installed in the centre in there right now (the Radian needs a little spring cleaning ;)) and while the Nautilus gives us less hip room for the outboard positions, it much easier to access the vehicle's buckles than with the Radian. He still has quite a bit of room in the Nautilus. :thumbsup:

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Yeah, DD is in identical Radians in our vehicles, and has at LEAST an inch more growing room in the one in my CR-V than in DH's Durango. It's crazy.

myliljunebugs

Yeah, DS has over an inch more growing room in his Regent in my car than in my mom's. I had actually thought he had outgrown it (based on growing room a year ago in ex's suv) by now but he has over an inch to grown in my mom's car and almost 3 inches in my car.
Shocking really.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC