Hardest Boulevard install ever

J-max

CPST Instructor
Or maybe I should have just picked a different day to move carseats.

So, dd#3's regent got here on Thursday, but I wanted to clean out my car beofre moving and installing seats. DH has to work this afternoon, so after he left all the kids and I went out and we took everything out of the car, vaccumed it, wiped down the whole inside and washed the windows. Then I put DD#2's regent in the 3rd row, where is usually goes - took 2 tries to get it in tight, but not bad. Then I put #3's regent in the outboard 2nd row seat (when #4's boulevard has been) - installed LBR and super solid, fit great! Then onto #4's boulevard, installed middle row, middle position. Now, I have been installing the BLVDs in suburbans for over 5 years, you would think I would have it down ( I sure did) It is usually a 3 min process, just put it in and pull tight, right??? Well, not today. First I pull out the LATCH straps because I had been using the seat belt to install it for the last year. I was sure I had changed them back to rearfacing, but there were not, so I switched them. I put it in the car and go to hook it in, but now the LATCH connectors are upside down:doh: Apparently they were right, I switched them the wrong way. So I swap them back the right way and hook them on I pull them tight, but I can not get the inside (next to the regent tight. End up taking out the regent and the lock off had come open and the LATCH strap was hook on it. Fixed that and put the Regent back in, and tried to tighted the BLVD again, now it is tight but is straight upright - prob a 15-20 degree angle:confused: SO I loosen the straps, move the seat forward and tighten again - still the same problem:confused::confused:. At this point I ma frustrated and dripping sweat and about ready to strangle someone, I happen to take a step back and see that the seat is in the upright position:doh::doh: (the kids were sitting on them when they were out of the car and someone must have moved it upright because it was not when I took it out). Took it out again, changed it to reclined and reinstalled it in the about 3 min it should have taken in the first place - with LATCH connectors the right way and about a 35 degree angle

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC