Pics of TFC670 (ARB)

APmama2MAK

It FINALLY got here (cancelled at CSNbaby because it wasn't going to ship for 10 days, I reordered at Comfort1st)

~ARB is nice and doesnt hinder an upright install
~Can reach adjuster more easily
~Continuous harness is nice, just something I prefer for getting in and out
~Cover snaps on, I love this and it is very well padded
~Fabric is nice, the non plush did not seem scratchy or rough
~Manual has good info and has lots of pictures
~Latch connectors even though we do not have Latch
~Lock-offs
~Infant padding is NICE and the headrest is very supportive

DISLIKES:
~Buckles are slightly too narrow for straps, harness does not lay flat inside
~Buckles, likes to bunch, and makes it more annoying to tighten the harness
~I have to pull on the straps from the back to get them tight enough
~Crotch strap seems to be close to body

It installs VERY similar to the Graco safeseat1 as far as ease of use goes. I was thoroughly impressed! Normally to install a car seat tightly, I have to climb up into the seat, not that hard as I am 4'8" but sure is interesting when you are dressed up and you just have to go put the car seat in real quick before you go out to eat :rolleyes: or when you are wearing some nice super low jeans and everyone wants to watch me install haha.

I just pushed my hand down into it to tighten and it was rock solid!!!!! I had to do 2 full twists of the buckle stalk on the passenger side and 3 full twists on the drivers side (drivers side had the safeseat installed there until 5 min before this installation so it was most likely compressed). It is also COMPLETELY and utterly incompatible with the truck in the passenger or middle front seat, and not allowed in nor does it fit in the back seat.

One last small complaint is that Michael complains about his junk being squished. The belly pad is a TOTAL no go, but even without it, he keeps telling me it is hurting his junk. He has never had this problem in any other seat, and when we tried the TF a few months back, I had it on the outermost setting just because thats where it got placed at the time.

From what Ive looked up, we cant use the second position can we? (Manual did not make it very clear to me)

Pics...sorry he was just in boxers lol, he did NOT want shorts on and I wanted non screamy pics :rolleyes:

makTrueFit003b.jpg

makTrueFit008.jpg

legroom
makTrueFit012.jpg

makTrueFit007.jpg

In the middle of the truck, looks fine but the buckle stalk cannot twist and gets in the way (the middle stalk is a lot shorter than the passenger one, but I tried it both positions, both are a no go :( )

makTrueFit019.jpg

it feels tight, but definitely could be tighter if it wasnt for the buckle :thumbsdown:
makTrueFit020.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

Mommy0608

Woohoo! Thanks for sharing! :love:

Love the picture where he's pointing at something. ;)

You mentioned that the ARB doesn't hinder an upright installation, that's good to know. Hopefully the seat will make it to brick and mortar stores soon.

Thanks again for posting.

abbi_n_nadia

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the pics! I'm thinking about getting one of these for our lo due in December.

It looks like he has tons of leg room! Thats nice! What position did you have the crotch strap in? Thats a little concerning that it was bothering him so much. Could you move it out a slot? The anti rebound bar thing is pretty cool! I have never seen a convertible with it so its nice to see pics!

Oh another thing about this seat that I was wondering, will it be uncomfortable when their head is in between the headrest and the top of the seat? Like where the headrest comes together with the top of the seat back? It looks like there is a crack/gap that would make it a little uncomfortable when they reach that point.

Overall I really like how it looks! Seeing pics definitely makes me lean more towards one of these and skip the infant seat!

ETA: Another question...can you change covers with these? Like if I buy the cranberry one, am I stuck with that cover forever? Or can you put a different cover on it like with Britax seats? For example can I get the cranberry one and later on if they come out with more colors can I get one of the new colors to go on the seat that came with cranberry?

sunnymw

Are you allowed to put the crotch strap in the outer positon? I know with the old TF you can have it in either, but if the child is 50lbs+ it MUST be on the outside position. We've always had it on the outer position for both boys.

Abbi--DS1's head is in the "crack" and it's not really like a crack. he doesn't complain. I think it conforms to the shape of his head really well :D

And on the covers--I know you can change the old-style covers. I had a sporty blue and now it has a cappucino cover on it. What I'm wondering is whether you can put an old TF cover on a new TF with ARB. :)

babygirlsmom1005

Thanks for the review and pics, I just ordered one for my DS (which is 2 months old). :eek: about his poor junk, is there another setting it could go on to give him some breathing room down there?

APmama2MAK

If it says on the other TFs that you can do either but HAS to be on outer for a child over 50lbs...then it sounds like its the same for this one. The manual did not state it exactly ike that though just said for 50+ it had to be on outer so I was curious. Thats awesome to know!

As for the "crack" its really not one and I dont think any kid would mind I cant really notice it pushing along that area.

And yea as far as I know you can buy another cover if available and put it on it! I would love to see other color options myself :D It also appears as though a cover from any other TF would fit fine too except you couldnt see the little level marker if the other covers dont have a cut out there. Other than that nothing appears different

abbi_n_nadia

Sounds good about the crack/gap, I didn't figure that would be a problem but was just curious about that. And thats awesome that covers will probably be interchangable! Good to know!

I hope moving the crotch strap makes him more comfy! Let us know how that goes!

InternationalMama

ETA: Another question...can you change covers with these?

I read another post where someone posted an e-mail from a rep and they said they would be making replacement covers available for the TFP for the same price as the old-style replacement covers. It's supposed to be a pretty easy cover to replace too.

OP: Thanks for the pics!

APmama2MAK

That sweet little boy baby said his junk hurt? Really? :)
Seriously, does everyone, even kids, call it that?

lmao actually i teach him penis and he chooses to say pee-pee but his dad taught him junk so he says both haha I am fine with slang as long as the correct term is known and everyones comfortable saying that as well lol.

I read another post where someone posted an e-mail from a rep and they said they would be making replacement covers available for the TFP for the same price as the old-style replacement covers. It's supposed to be a pretty easy cover to replace too.

OP: Thanks for the pics!

Yep I took the cover off all the way and put it back on, super simple! I hope new covers come out soon though the brown is just a little "off", cranberry a little "off" and the blue is just a little "off" IMO. I think both seats could look amazing if they changed the colors a tiny tiny bit but this is just my opinion lol, everyone else seems to love the colors :D

APmama2MAK

Yea I dont think he would of learned that this soon if it wasnt for his Dad but he really varies between the two lol and I think he probably used that term because he knows it gets my attention (I correct his dad even from rooms away when he says it just to make sure the correct term is put out there) and he was pretty surprised that the car seat was hurting him, he wanted to get out of there quickly haha.

Oh and awesome, looking forward to the review!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC