Yay! I get to pick out my friend's car seats!

kidzndogz

I'm such a nerd. :p

She isn't due till November but she put me in charge of car seats.

I asked if she wanted a bucket or if she wanted to go straight to a convertible and just use a sling. She said she doesn't care, whatever is safest. I think she is nervous about seats flying off the base....which I know shouldn't be a concern but it truly makes me a bit nervous too even though I use them anyway. She IS planning on babywearing a lot, but her mom will watch baby when she's working and I don't think her mom will want to babywear. Or dad. lol

So! She needs a seat for her car, her BF's car, and her mothers car. I have two SS1s I think I am going to just give to her. Or I might sell one, then use the money to buy a cute new cover for the other one and she can just use it baseless in other cars.

So should I get a convertible for the third car and save her money down the road? RA50 maybe? Was thinking MR but people seem to be having issues with them.

She's having a boy.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE new car seats! :D:love:

ADS

2BunniesMommy

I am jealous! I want that job! My nephew's girlfriend asked me to take her car seat shopping, but there is nothing where we live. (we have Kmart and Walmart, that's it) So, I am selling her my SS1 instead. So, better seat than she could get here, and will cost her just a little bit more. But to actually have seats to choose from....that would be fun!

rochelle

So should I get a convertible for the third car and save her money down the road?

it depends on whether her mum/dad

1) prefers to carry the grandson cradled in their arms and just put in a stroller when they are tired of carrying
- my parents and my in-laws prefer that

2) prefers to carry the infant car seat and put it on a shopping cart for shopping.
- some mums prefer that as they feel its cleaner and easier than bringing a shopping cart cover. also does not wake the baby when transferring from car to shopping cart.

I had luck with my radian for my newborn, I did not have luck with the britax seats, he was way below the bottom slots.. he has been at them since 8 months.

My ride I think might be good for a newborn, but the crotch strap is far out, so that would put space between the baby and the strap, Nolan still has space and he is cloth diapered.. we are using it for Fiona at the moment.

But IF I were to have another baby I would DEFINITELY Get a true fit for them.. that seems like the perfect solution, perfect newborn seat with out head rest then when they get bigger use the head rest.. tada!

I wish I could have gotten one with Nolan as a newborn, but I Was stuck with a three across till he was 6 months old and I got a minivan lol.

melniemi

I would probably just get a third base for the SS1 for her mom's car. Then she can drop baby off in the seat and already have a base installed. Baby will likely last 18+ months and you can see what's out then and how big he is.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC