Finally convinced hubby...(warning, venting)

chelle80

to put our 6 yo back in a 5 point, but of course now, i don't have the money for one. Why is it that it always happens that way?????

I have been trying since i found this board to convince hubby to put dakota(6 yo, 43lbs) back in a 5 point car seat. Right now he is in a turbo booster. I want a radian for him(really want a regent, but not possible), so after listening to me gripe for months on end he finally sits down with me and looks at this site(thanks ya'll),and the youtube video and he is now convinced that dakota needs the 5 point. Ok, great, i get to order a radian, but no my car wants to mess up and need $300 worth of repairs:mad: . So now, no money for a car seat untill tax time(can we say bad mommy-at least thats how i feel).

Ok, thats my vent for today. Thanks for reading!!

ADS

Morganthe

That's terrible news about your car :( I'm so sorry.

Are there somebodies in your extended family (parents, siblings, grandparents, etc..) who regularly send toys or giftcards for Christmas that you can ask instead for small amounts of money to put in a money pool towards a new Radian? A carseat lasts longer than a lot of the toys on the market and would get daily use that would make you think lovingly of the gifter every time your child used it--- there's your case made already :D

Just remember when you do get a Radian, if you don't have it available in your local area -- albee baby has the best price with free shipping.
But Target.com has free shipping too, plus do a search at Google on "Coupon Codes" Target --- and you'll find the current 10% off which will put it to the level of Albee baby, but you can return it easier if you have any problems. (the small places charge a restocking fee + return shipping) You just have to pay sales tax if you have it in your State.

Good luck and I"m crossing fingers for you that Santa puts a Radian under your tree. Good luck with your car, too.
:)

chelle80

I wish the IL's would help, but they think(and tell) me that i am stupid for wanting to put him back in a 5 point, or haveing him in a booster. They have actually said to him that he isn't a baby, so he should just ride in the seatbelt:eek:
Before i found this board i had my 6yo and 4 yo in boosters(then 5 & 3), but when i found this board they both went back into their cargos. Dakota has since outgrown his booster, when we had the baby, i got him a ridesafer travel vest because i could not put another booster in my car. I had a monte carlo and the seats dipped. He refused to sit right in the vest and will undo it and climb out of it, so since i could not put any other car seat in the car, without towels under them to even them up, i went and got a car that i could.
We know that we will be ording from target for the reasons you listed,10% off, returnable with only losing shipping, etc. i will be ordering one, if not 2, when we get income taxes. Hopefully i can get 2, that way when Dakota outgrows his i can put Colton in it. Or if Dakota is still in his, i will just get Colton one too. Dakota and Kaleb think it would be cool if all 3 of them would be in the same seat.
Right now Colton is in a safeseat and when he outgrows it he will go in senara(sp?) for the 35lbs RF limit. When he outgrows that he will go into a radian.
Thanks to this site and all the pics people post, Dakota thinks he is such a big boy because he rides in a booster seat still, and he is excited that he will be getting a radian - since it is a big boy seat too.

scatterbunny

Don't feel bad! You didn't pick the time your car would have issues. ((hugs)) I also have to wait until tax time to get my dd a new harnessed seat. She's barely fitting within the limits of her current seat, and we may have to switch her to her booster for awhile before I can get the new seat.

Don't beat yourself up. You made it through the hard part already--convincing dh! :rolleyes: You have your child's best interests at heart and WILL make it happen, it will just take some time.

skaterbabs

If it helps, when my boys were that age (3-5 yrs) we bought a van with only lap belts in the back (dh was in the doghouse for a LONG time over that one b/c I'd said no...)

Anyway, we had to borrow the money from my Grandmother for two Britax Laptops. She told us not to bother paying her back (we were really that poor.)

Less than 2 years later I rolled the van and the LTs literally saved their lives. I was so grateful to my Grandmother because we could not have afforded the LTs ourselves and had no clue where I could go for help.

Simplysomething

to put our 6 yo back in a 5 point, but of course now, i don't have the money for one. Why is it that it always happens that way?????

(can we say bad mommy-at least thats how i feel).

Ok, thats my vent for today. Thanks for reading!!

You're not a bad mommy, you didn't break the car!

Don't beat yourself up.

But vent away. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC