Question Baby Jogger Questions

areinn

I am considering a couple of the baby jogger strollers but need would love some advice. There is nowhere near me that carries them so I can't go test one out.

I am considering either the 2007 City Classic or the 2008 City Elite.

What are the major differences? I like the looks of the canopy on the elite but looks aren't as important as function. I assume the canopy on both provide the same sun protection.

Are they really easy to fold? I think I will have to remove the wheels when putting it in my vehicle. It it practical and will the stroller hold up to removing them on a regular basis.

The main difference I see on the comparison chart on the baby jogger website is that the classic standard pneumatic tires and the elite has wide tread pneumatic tires. Is this a big deal? I wonder if the wider tires are worth over $100 difference in price.

I have also considered the city mini but I am so sick of crappy tires on my other strollers. I am hoping that I will have better luck with pneumatic tires.

Thanks

ADS

MySillyKids

I have the City Mini.

The tires are fantastic. They have held up for over a year so far, and no tread missing. I use the stroller (i have a single, and double) daily.

I don't have a need for air tires, however. The stroller (elite, and city classic) are heavier than the city mini. That played a huge factor in it for me.

I loooooove Both of my City Mini strollers! :D

marjen

I have the 2008 City Elite, and I LOVE it :) I'm not sure of all the differences between the Classic and the Elite. I think the Classic doesn't have the parent console. The Elite has a raised kicker (kinda hard to explain)...but basically the seat raises up at the feet and props up for younger kids. The Elite has magnets for all of the flaps on the canopy (the viewing window and the air vents)...which is nice, because it's so quiet. And I just personally like the overall styling of the Elite better.

I really love having the air-filled tires...it's great for walks around our neighborhood that still has some unfinished sidewalks...and also for places like the zoo and botanical gardens where they have gravel. The fold is really easy...just pull up on the strap on the seat. We remove the tires when we put it in the car, and so far it hasn't been a problem. Baby Jogger makes a carry bag that I'll probably get...it has a separate compartment for the wheels, and has a nice shoulder strap.

hlauburn

I'm trying to decide, too. I thought I was all set on the BJCM, but I keep reading about the slump issue. I need to find on to try in person.

What's the slump issue? Like the way the seat is? I read that the kids can't quite sit all the way upright...does this cause them to slump down in the seat? :confused:

Rosey

I have the mini double, and cannot even imagine what 'slump' issue folks are talking about. I LOVE the stroller, and the kids fit great!

MoreLatte

I have an 08 City Classic and I absolutely am in :love: with it! With five kids, I've had a ton of strollers and this one is by far my favorite.

I bought the Classic over the Elite because it was cheaper, I just couldn't justify the price difference.

I do like the looks of the canopy on the Elite over the Classic, but it functions all the same.

The fold on the city is awesome! I just can't say enough about this stroller! The seatback is not firm, but we don't have any slumping issues in it.

You must get one!:D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC