Help me decide...

Mom2Jack

which seats to put where :question:

Currently, DS (23 months) is RF in a MA in my Malibu behind the passenger seat and RF in a Scenera in DH's Trailblazer behind the driver. However DD will be here in about 1 month, so I need to move seats around to fit the infant seat.

I will have to move DS to behind the driver in my car regardless, as the SR doesn't leave enough room for DH to ever drive. With that move, the MA will have to be installed more upright since it is still reclined from when it was first installed @ 6 months. The Scenera is already installed fully upright in the Trailblazer.

We will be in the car daily for daycare drop off/pickup once I am back to work. DS & I are both used to the MA and it's easy for me to get him into and out of. However, we will be taking the Trailblazer on any driving trips we make (closest family is 4+ hours away, not counting stops) as well as weekend family activities, etc. Since the MA is WAY more comfortable and he sleeps better in it, I am leaning toward moving that to the Trailblazer and putting him in the Scenera in my car. But, I keep thinking how much I REALLY don't like the Scenera on a daily basis. It's not a bad seat, but not my favorite. Since it was really just a back up before (DH's sports car just got replaced with the SUV and I think we were all in his car maybe 3 times total) I never worried about it. With DD almost here, I cannot afford to go buy another seat at this point, so I just have to make do.

Also, I am not very confident of my install skills and am not comfortable moving the seats around very often. I can swap them out if needed but much prefer to install them, get them checked and then just check periodically for tightness, etc.

If you made it through all of that :thumbsup:
What are your thoughts, suggestions, tips, etc?? I have been debating this for the entire 2 months we have had the SUV and still haven't decided. Since I need to get the seats done with before DD gets here, I am hoping someone will have a brilliant idea to solve this :D

ADS

libranbutterfly

I would want the more comfortable seat in the seat you use for longer trips. Could you afford an Uptown ($65 at big lots if they still have them) or an Avenue ($80 at Sears/Kmart)? They are a bit more comfy than the MA, with more padding and EPS foam, as well as taller harness slots. Otherwise, I would just put the Scenera in your car, since it will be used for shorter trips, and the MA in DH's.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
First, I would suggest that you make getting comfortable with installing your seats a priority. Learn how to do it, either with a tech or step by step with the help of car-seat.org. Shoot, if you want I'll even PM you my skype addy and teach you on computer cam. Write down the steps if it helps. Then practice, practice, practice.

It's not hard. Really it's not. You can totally do it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC