Can it even use a locking clip??

LuvBug

This is how the husky installs in my mom's car. http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL493/2241001/9131735/143026249.jpg
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL493/2241001/9131735/143026241.jpg
it is not completely installed but just snug enough to show what it would be like.
Can I even use a locking clip on it? The only place I could think of putting it would be on the inside corner where my middle(left) finger is. But you cant put a locking clip there can you?
also is it ok for the buckle to come up this high on the seat?
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL493/2241001/9131735/143026240.jpg
Now I think the husky may not actually install even though it fits with the forward of the bite belts.
I dont think I can twist the stalk. It has a plastic cover that doesnt slip off. I would have to cut it, and I would worry I may accidentally cut the seatbelt.

ADS

Dillipop

When I had my subaru, the locking clip was right about there. Don't know if it was ok there or not, but it was the only place to use it.

j4m4d8

I'm not a tech, but I would probably feel more comfortable with the Laptop since you have one already. You were concerned that he could unbuckle the Laptop, right? but it looks like it would be just as easy to unbuckle the seatbelt with the Husky, even if the installation is OK. (When I first got our Husky last year, I kept noticing the seat belt was unbuckling all the time and thought there was something wrong with the seatbelt or the installation. Then I realized my 5 year old was unbuckling it. He's pretty safety conscious and never undid his harness, but he didn't realize the seatbelt needed to stay buckled, too, for him to be safe.) I'd be a bit worried about the door opening, too, but as long as he stays buckled up he should be fine either way.

Your son should have plenty of growing room in the Laptop to get to 2008. I know I always wished there were more specific fit guidelines like top of the restraint no more than x inches from the shoulder or something like that. Anyway, my Laptop expires in August 2008 so, if yours is similar, he would be 5 by then. He may mature a lot (or not) or your mom might get a new vehicle, you just never know.

I'd still get the tether anchor put in no matter what you decide. You never know when it may be needed.

Julie D.

LuvBug

well I guess I was wrong. I just spent the last hour(with a post break) trying to install the husky in her car. I mean actually install as if to use. And it didnt work. There was just this little bit of something that wouldnt go right no matter what(I tried all the tricks I know). I even tried it in the front seat but the seatbelt there is too short.
Guess it looks like I am back to square one. The husky/regent will not fit in her car so it looks like all I am left with is the laptop. And I am starting to second guess if it fits in her car as well.

j4m4d8

By the way, are you in new car seat mode? About once a year I get an itch to buy another seat whether it's needed or not. I try to control it, but.... I really did need to move my daughter to my son's Husky as she is at the top slots in her Marathon now, but I probably just could have moved my son to his TurboBooster full-time. But no, I got him a Parkway. It's a sickness.

Julie D.

LuvBug

I'm not a tech, but I would probably feel more comfortable with the Laptop since you have one already. You were concerned that he could unbuckle the Laptop, right? but it looks like it would be just as easy to unbuckle the seatbelt with the Husky, even if the installation is OK. (When I first got our Husky last year, I kept noticing the seat belt was unbuckling all the time and thought there was something wrong with the seatbelt or the installation. Then I realized my 5 year old was unbuckling it. He's pretty safety conscious and never undid his harness, but he didn't realize the seatbelt needed to stay buckled, too, for him to be safe.) I'd be a bit worried about the door opening, too, but as long as he stays buckled up he should be fine either way.

Your son should have plenty of growing room in the Laptop to get to 2008. I know I always wished there were more specific fit guidelines like top of the restraint no more than x inches from the shoulder or something like that. Anyway, my Laptop expires in August 2008 so, if yours is similar, he would be 5 by then. He may mature a lot (or not) or your mom might get a new vehicle, you just never know.

I'd still get the tether anchor put in no matter what you decide. You never know when it may be needed.

Julie D.

thanks. you posted while I was so it looks like we are down to the laptop again.
Im starting to second guess that it fits in her vehicle as well. I need to start a post about that. My and these threads!:rolleyes:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I don't remember my Husky manual mentioning whether or not the locking clip can be there, but I *think* it's acceptable -- as long as the seat moves less than 1" (call Britax tomorrow?)

LuvBug

By the way, are you in new car seat mode? About once a year I get an itch to buy another seat whether it's needed or not. I try to control it, but.... I really did need to move my daughter to my son's Husky as she is at the top slots in her Marathon now, but I probably just could have moved my son to his TurboBooster full-time. But no, I got him a Parkway. It's a sickness.

Julie D.

lol! no I dont think so. I cant afford to get the itch! I have only ever bought 2 carseats in his life and they were 2 years apart and I only bought the second because it was on sale and I knew he would need it soon(husky for 190 shipped and he was in the top slots of the marathon, about an inch away). Well 3 if you count the laptop but that was because he had to have a seat for moms car and we only had 1 seat overall.
Its just that stupid youtube video, the fact he is starting preschool, and the fact I will be doing something full time now(part time school then part time job after class) that has me worried.
I was worried about the laptop to start with but I couldnt seam to find anything else and wouldnt dare put him in a booster.
Since she only just now started using it with him weekly I was ok before then because she never really took him anywhere. But soon it will be daily and I am freaking out(also some of the worry from him going to preschool is carrying over. I have only ever left him with my mom!).
He is all that I have and is my everything and I am WAAAAAAY overprotective of him and worry all the time about him.

LuvBug

I don't remember my Husky manual mentioning whether or not the locking clip can be there, but I *think* it's acceptable -- as long as the seat moves less than 1" (call Britax tomorrow?)

thanks, well I couldnt get this last little bit to work out right when trying to install it, locking clip and all. So now I think I need to cross it off the list.

j4m4d8

I'm a worrier, too. It was really hard to put my almost 7 year old in a booster full-time. I'm so glad I didn't watch that video.

I vaguely remember there was some reason you couldn't replace the seatbelt? If it is possible to replace it, that might be a better peace-of-mind use of your money for right now.

Julie D.

LuvBug

because the price they quoted, I dont remember the exact but it was whoa! The other captain's chair stalk has a tear/fray in it so I looked at just having the stalk replaced and they wanted so much! Then they said they couldnt just order a new one they would need to find a salvage one and I started to think maybe Ill just stick with these. I know exactly what these belts have been through, so maybe they arent as good as new... but at least I know for sure they have never been in an accident or anything.

scatterbunny

Did you try reclining the seat a bit while installing and then raising the seat back up after you get it tight? Sometimes I even have to sit in the third row and push on the middle row seat to get it back upright again, but whoa! The seat is so tight that way.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC