Feeling bad, should have bit my tongue

2BunniesMommy

now I need to know how to fix it.

If this is in the wrong place, please move it, I wasn't sure.

So, I was out with my friends and they were having trouble getting a tight install. I said well part of it is those stupid seat protecters. They have the munchkin ones. But they are messing my seat up so much. I said well I like my kids more than my car. I feel so bad. Yes, I meant it, but I sure didn't mean to say it so rude. Good news is they took them out. But, how do I make sure there are no hard feelings. Not sure what to say now. I would have to be that blunt with some people, but I don't think they needed it, it is just what came out.

Thanks!

Oh, I did explain all the whys and how to see that it really is affecting the install. Also, when she said when they had the seats checked that they had said to use the cupboard stuff and I let them know that was no longer a rec. and it would just melt on their leather seats anyway. I figure in my appology email I will mention that a thin towel is ok and that they should take out the seats and condition the leather every so often (how often should they?) and that I have read about so many people whose seats pop right back after not too long etc. And yes, it does have to be email because they are heading out on vacation, so in person would just be too long of a wait. Sorry, that sure got long.

ADS

rochelle

sometimes an apology email can mess things further.

why not wait until your friend is back from her vacation. if she is no longer on talking terms with you, you might want to get a small bottle of leather conditioner as a olive branch?

most probably she was not offended at all or only offended for the few minutes after u said it.

2BunniesMommy

She seemed ok at the time, but there was a lot going on, so I may not have noticed if she wasn't. I hope everything is ok and if not that she lets me know so we can talk it out and get past it.

Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC