Saw my first EHd kid other than my own!!

MommyBoha

At work last night night, woman had her 8 year old in a Regent. I was soo impressed, I gave her a discount...:whistle:

ADS
U

Unregistered

awesome!! :-D

(although, in my personal opinion, 8 is too old for a harnessed seat..no bashing though! id keep a kid in it until they are six...as long as they are at least 55-60 pounds. but if i had a 7 year old that weighed 50 pounds, id weight a few more months...)

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

That is so awesome! So were the Regents really discontinued? My DD has two more inches of growing room in the Frontier and Nautilus. Makes me wonder if I should get a Regent and stash it in my garage for when she's older. :whistle: That's if they're really discontinued.

How long does two inches usally last in a almost 4 yr old. It does seem that her growth has somewhat slowed and it seems that her legs are getting longer but torso hasn't.

Sorry to hijack your thread. :whistle:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
That's wonderful. And there's no reason that an 8 year old who fits can't still be harnessed; perhaps there are behavioral issues (such as ADHD) that mean it's necessary, even.

cool! I've never seen one, either. My oldest is 4 1/2, so not sure if he is considered "extended" yet. LOL He WILL be in a harness until he no longer fits in whatever seat I buy him next (probably Frontier or Regent). Right now, he still has plenty of growing room in his boulevard :) He DID fall in love with the Frontier the other day when we were playing with seats at BRU. He's pretty small in both weight and height, so he may be harnessed until he's 12! haha!

rochelle

I also think there is nothing wrong with a 8yr old harnessed. some 8 yr olds are very small in stature and some have other behavioural/physiological issues.

I would keep my boys harnessed until they outgrow the harness on their car-seats. I dont remember outgrowing tantrums when I was 8 :whistle:

aisraeltax

why would 8 ever be too old to be riding the safest way possible in a car? i hope my youngest make it that long.

momof3monkeys

yea th0 ey did stop making the regent. u of course can still get one....actually with that baby catalog of america deal they were 199. not too shabby

my oldest was harnessed until he was 9.5 years old (super elite)
he still would be if he wasnt over 80lb s, hes quite short though very short, hes 11 just turned and sits in a backless booster in one car and hbb in the other as there isnt sufficient head rests.

i was able to get *with the lovely expertise of 3 techs* my regent installed

totallly larger than the husky we measured lol so my almost 7 year old is in there nicely

the frontier was great cept he had no room to grow in the harness and hes only 48 lbs

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I mainly harnessed my two oldest to at least 10 (well DS will be 10 in 6 weeks so close enough, youngest is only 7, so not a part of this convo)

and I had many reasons.

1. My kids were not ready for full time boosters at 40lbs and needed an EH seat, once I spent the big bucks on said EH seats, I do not really have the $ to replace them for no good reason until they outgrow them.

2. My kids find the Regent to be very comfortable, they like riding in it and request it because they like to sleep in the car. (we commute an approximately an hour each way to get to school)

3. My oldest gets car sick and 5 pt harnesses are easier on her stomach than boosters since there is less movement.

4. My 2nd child has mild low tone in his trunk and cannot remain upright while sleeping, which he did on every single car ride over 15 minutes until just recently.

5. I have 3 kids and some cars they ride in only have shoulder belts in the front seat.

MamaLinzie

Hhhhhm? I don't think I've ever seen a child beside my own niece harnessed past 3-4 years old.

I will be visiting said niece in a few weeks, and it will be the first time I will see her without a harness. She is 7.5 and just outgrew her Radian by height.

Jennee

my 10 year old is 48 inches tall and 50 lbs, she could still fit in a harness and if i had the money id probably buy her a nautilus.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC