Sunshine Monterrey.

U

Unregistered

Hi we are looking for this carseat for a 5.5 year old girl, and says have 2 recline positions, is that posible?, you need to recline the seat of the car too?, is safe for our girl?.
Thanks.

ADS

Maedze

How tall is your 5 year old and how much does she weigh? The Monterey is a really nice dedicated booster but it fits some kids better than others :)

U

Unregistered

She is 39 pounds and 45 inches, What about the recline position booster?

Maedze

At that height and weight there is a good chance that the Monterey may be a bit overwhelming for her. I would look at the Recaro Vivo which is likely to fit her better (or the Graco Turbobooster).

Boosters can be use in recline positions, although it's not like with a car seat...a sturdy, locked in position. The back can just be adjusted slightly to align with the recline in the actual vehicle seat.

To know how much it's ok to recline the vehicle seat, consult the vehicle manual. Usually there will be language that says "Fully upright" or "Two clicks back" etc. Then set the booster to fit the vehicle seat.

ginny4

at her size i think the monterey is a lil too much. my DD tried it out a lil bit heavier but not much the sides where too wide for her & the shoulder belt just seemed to look lik eit would fall off her shoulder. it fits my big guys quite well tho. i'd aim for a vivo or turb

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC