Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Sunshine Monterrey.

Hi we are looking for this carseat for a 5.5 year old girl, and says have 2 recline positions, is that posible?, you need to recline the seat of the car too?, is safe for our girl?.
    Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Advocate

Re: Sunshine Monterrey.

How tall is your 5 year old and how much does she weigh? The Monterey is a really nice dedicated booster but it fits some kids better than others

Unregistered

She is 39 pounds and 45 inches, What about the recline position booster?

CPS Advocate

At that height and weight there is a good chance that the Monterey may be a bit overwhelming for her. I would look at the Recaro Vivo which is likely to fit her better (or the Graco Turbobooster).

Boosters can be use in recline positions, although it's not like with a car seat...a sturdy, locked in position. The back can just be adjusted slightly to align with the recline in the actual vehicle seat.

To know how much it's ok to recline the vehicle seat, consult the vehicle manual. Usually there will be language that says "Fully upright" or "Two clicks back" etc. Then set the booster to fit the vehicle seat.

CPS Fanatic

at her size i think the monterey is a lil too much. my DD tried it out a lil bit heavier but not much the sides where too wide for her & the shoulder belt just seemed to look lik eit would fall off her shoulder. it fits my big guys quite well tho. i'd aim for a vivo or turb
    Ginny
    Mom to 4!
    DS1 16yo, DS2 15yo, DD 11yo & DS3 9yo