OMG... Safety 1st... complete air convertible... rear face to 40lbs

jujumum

After wrestling with our new XT (which may be heading back to hipmonkey next week)to get a solid rf install, my dh and I are a lot more interested in the CA. I just re-read all of these threads, and was wondering if it has been determined if the CA does have essentially the same shell as the AOE, but without the base.

If so, I'd love to see some rf & ff install pics of the AOE without the base to see if this style of seat might fit in my in my van. The high base seats, like the Britax convertibles, fit fine, but the no base Radian looks like it won't work rf. The CA looks somewhere in between and might be an option (even though dd is over 41" tall, but perhaps I'll ignore the rf height recommendation as has been discussed.;))

ADS

jujumum

There are pictures of the seat installed in a van on carseatblog.

Thank you, yes, I read the blog.:) Unfortunately, the pics don't show a close up of the rf angle and how the seat belt fits into the car seat. I tried doing a search for pics, but the search enging doesn't seem to recognize "AOE" somehow. Do you know if generally folks have a difficult time installing the AOE rf without the base?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
:yeahthat: and the base can not be used in booster mode anyway. I would rather they just not include the base at all.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Agreed about it installing better without the base.

I think the PP's problem, though, is that her van has long rigid belt stalks. That lets her install high-profile seats ok, but is a problem with seats that sit low.

I haven't done a RF AOE install in so long (thank the FSM) that I can't remember how high the belt path is, or if that would even translate into how the new seat would work.

ookpix

Re: OMG... Safety 1st... air convertible... rear face to 40lbs

I'm not entirely surprised. Dorel gets a bad rap sometimes (sometimes deserved, sometimes not) but they were one of the first - if not the first - with convertibles that RF to 35 lbs, and if I'm not mistaken ALL their convertibles RF to 35 lbs. :thumbsup:

I agree. Some of my favorite seats are made by Dorel. They are good seats, and have often been among the first to offer higher weight limits. They were one of the first to extend infant carriers to 22lb (though their first infant carriers sucked), and were offering 35lb RF in all of their convertible seats when most other models were still at 20!! (in convertibles!! remember those days?:whistle:)

I am SO excited about the new seat, can't wait to get one and play with it!!

Nena2007

Re: OMG... Safety 1st... air convertible... rear face to 40lbs

Oh how exciting! My good friend graduated from Kettering like 2 years ago and told me about the testing and research they were doing. How neat!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC