snug ride has no harness adjuster strap in the front?

scuby20

so I have a snugride 32 that I'm thinking about selling (it's been used like 8 times) because it isn't compatible with my stroller....well I wanted to get the regular graco snugride (my daughter had one 2 years ago)...well I went online looking at the patterns and stuff, and read the reviews.....apparently the regular snugride no longer has a harness adjuster in the front??? You have to adjust it in the back now????

anyone have this one, and how much of a PITA is it?

ADS
I used snugride infant seats with my boys and both had to be adjusted in the back. My boys are 4 and almost 2. I didnt mind it at the time, but I didnt know about the ease of front adjusters, either. It can be a pain to adjust all the time. If I am blessed with another child, I will not get one that adjusts in the back. just too much of a pain.

andre149

As far as I know they're making both styles now. One family i sit for has the SR with back adjust and it's a pain. I like being able to loosen the straps to get them in/out and you obviously can't... but I've also had a hard time getting the straps tight enough in the back adjust, period.

I would look into a different seat before I went to the back adjust. Are you looking for it to fit a stroller or just for a new seat? The KF/KF30 is great and has a super smooth front adjust.

scuby20

I'm looking for one that is compatible with my stroller...the keyfit doesn't have an attachment for my stroller :( I'm eventually going to get a double stroller (city elite double), not sure what carseats that is compatable with. The one I'm wanting to use right now is the stokke xplory, that I currently have.

Thanks MCO mommy for the link to that one with the harness adjuster. Do you think that pattern is boyish?? I wonder if I can find any others that have the front harness adjuster.

cpsaddict

BRU has front adjust Snugrides. Usually the lowest end Snugrides have rear adjusters. My sister had the Darius last summer and it was front adjust.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yep, they come in both styles. I actually found that the front-adjust can be harder to get tight on some shapes of kids, though...

scuby20

thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really like the snugride 32, but with a 2 year old and a 4 week old, a c section I'm still recovering from...lots of doc appts, and a husband that is military and gone all the time, I need something to use in a stroller...hopefully he won't hit the 22lb mark for a while lol

scuby20

Xplory Car Seat Adapter for Graco
Graco Snugride, Graco Autobaby I, Graco Autobaby II

Xplory Car Seat Adapter for Peg Perego
Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP, Peg Perego Primo Viaggio TRI-FIX, Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP 30-30

Xplory Car Seat Adapter for Maxi Cosi
Maxi Cosi Cabrio, Maxi Cosi CabrioFix

these are the other ones that will fit the carseat attachments on the stokke xplory, but I like the fact of the graco not having to remember to put the handle up or down, that it can be anyway in the car....and I'm not sure which of the above also are compatible with the city elite double stroller, but I don't want to spend 200+ dollars on an infant carseat. The others seem to be on the pricier side.

emandbri

What stroller do you have? I think the snugride 32 can go in any graco stroller but if it isn't graco then you are right it might not fit. You could also get a cheap snap and go or buy a new stroller. Honestly I know you could find a used graco stroller cheap and use it with the seat for a while, if you don't mind a graco stroller ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC