Recommendations for a new mom

U

Unregistered

My DD is 9 month old and we are trying to decide on her next car seat. She is currently 15lbs and 28.5" long (she has always been long and very skinny). We orginally purchased an Alpha Luxe because my DH thought it would be great to not have to buy another car seat but when we tried to fit it in our vehicle rear-facing, it was huge and did not fit properly. I am so confused as to what to purchase and am looking for advice. We don't know if it's worth buying a seat that goes to booster or just a convertible that goes to 50lbs. We doubt she will hit weight restrictions but height may be an issue. Our budget is very tight so Britax is definitely out of the question.

Thanks for any help

ADS

cpsaddict

It's better to just go with a seat that does not convert to a booster. The Alpha Omega seems nice, but there is just no way it can ever be the last seat you need. I would consider the Evenflo Triumph Advance, First Years True Fit or the Graco My Ride. Since your LO is petite, also consider the Safety 1st Avenue, which only harnesses to 40lbs, but has nice, tall harness slots. It runs about $80. Also, convertibles do look huge, but they can be placed more upright than infant seats, which makes it so they don't take up so much room.

andre149

Adding on... I know you said Britax is out of the question, but the Roundabout50 is newish and a lower price tag than other Britax seats :)

I agree on the other convertables listed... all good options! I would plan on buying a convertable seat then a booster or HWH seat when she gets older. Unfortunately there isn't really an all in one seat that fits all stages well, so while it's a novel idea, it doesn't really work that well.

kathysr98

My DD is also very long & skinny (stats in siggy). Of the less expensive seats, I think the Evenflo Triumph Advance is an excellent option, but be sure you get a version that has the infant padding. It goes on each side of my DD, and keeps her in a straight position instead of slouching to the side.

Rosey

There is an Evenflo Triumph Advance under closeouts on albeebaby.com for $109 free shipping. The Britax Roundabout 50 has a $50 off promotion now on amazon until June 27th which would make it $150. The True Fit is on amazon for $146. They are all excellent seats will harness her for a long time. The problem with the 3-in-1's is that they often do not make good booster seats anyway. If you plan on having more kids, you can pass car seats around.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC