any ideas

crystal vowell

I cannot order from mercury distributing because I am not an organization.Does anyone else know of any other wholesale places to buy more than one seat from.Right now I am really debating whether or not to go to the local thrift store and pick up some seats especially since my mom's scenera was in my car when I crashed yesterday.I need 3 seats now.

ADS

LuvBug

try contacting a local tech, they could help you out probably. they order spare seats to have just incase and order them from places like that.

crystal vowell

try contacting a local tech, they could help you out probably. they order spare seats to have just incase and order them from places like that.

The problem is my cousin does not have a car.I got my Tribute actually for my step dd's mom who flat out would not buy her a seat and the requirement was you must own a vehicle.

scatterbunny

Huh. I got a free seat through WIC/health department/tech and they never mentioned needing to own a car. In fact, I have a friend who got a seat even though she didn't have her own car. At some point even those who don't own a vehicle will RIDE with someone else, correct? And their child WILL need a seat.

crystal vowell

Huh. I got a free seat through WIC/health department/tech and they never mentioned needing to own a car. In fact, I have a friend who got a seat even though she didn't have her own car. At some point even those who don't own a vehicle will RIDE with someone else, correct? And their child WILL need a seat.

Yes.Wic/health department is different though.It was in 2003 if you were pregnant and on medicaid they gave you a free infant seat.My step dd's mom got one of those so that's how I know.No car was required to receive one of those.They no longer have that program anymore as far as I know.I barely received $10.00 in foodstamps when I was off work to have Emily and I tried asking my caseworker for help getting a infant seat and she said they do not help with carseats anymore.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I don't think anyone can tell you you have to own a car. The requirement here is you have to have a car to put the seats into. I refuse to just hand out seats w/out being able to install them in a car and make sure mom knows how to use it etc. I had a car come in at one of my last checks before Ilana was born and 2 moms needed seats in the car, but they had 4 people in the car. Wasn't going to happen. We installed one seat for them and told them they had to come back next week for the other seat (AFAIK they didn't come back). Can you have someone watch your dd while you take the mom to maybe get some seats (if they will give them out)? I can see about ordering from Mercury if you want to paypal me some $ and your address etc. It wouldn't be a problem. I have no organization (well, I work at the YMCA...), but I'm a tech so surely I must be able to order.

crystal vowell

I don't think anyone can tell you you have to own a car. The requirement here is you have to have a car to put the seats into. I refuse to just hand out seats w/out being able to install them in a car and make sure mom knows how to use it etc. I had a car come in at one of my last checks before Ilana was born and 2 moms needed seats in the car, but they had 4 people in the car. Wasn't going to happen. We installed one seat for them and told them they had to come back next week for the other seat (AFAIK they didn't come back). Can you have someone watch your dd while you take the mom to maybe get some seats (if they will give them out)? I can see about ordering from Mercury if you want to paypal me some $ and your address etc. It wouldn't be a problem. I have no organization (well, I work at the YMCA...), but I'm a tech so surely I must be able to order.
Someone can watch my dd.I do not have paypal or any credit cards though.Fyi mercury was like $33.06 an infant seat.

SPJ&E

I know that VA WIC/Health Departments (or at least in this area) still have the carseat program. I don't think they give out infant seats anymore, but they do give out convertible seats and boosters. All you have to do is meet the income requirements.

SPJ&E

I just looked on the website and it says:

What: Free car seats available to families who qualify.Parents must attend a short instructional session to learn the correct placement and use of the car seat or booster seat.

For Whom: To apply for a car seat or booster seat, applicantsmust be:

Eligible for Medicaid/qualify by income
Legal residents of Virginia
Parent/legal guardian or foster parent of child

Fees: None

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Mom should get the paperwork with WIC done ASAP -- but they simply will not allow either infant to leave the hospital without a carseat....

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
WIC here does not offer seats. The Visiting Nurses Association did (not sure if they still do) if you watched a video, so might try to find something like that too.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Thank you for posting that link -- I've been trying to figure out what their name was (I'd seen their site before the Apex came out)....

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
That's weird, I can try it again, but it's the same address. lol

http://www.perfectlysafe.com/52904-roundabout.html

If you go to the drop down menu on the left side and go to carseats, it's the last carseat listed on that page. The Cosco TLC infant seat, 9.95.

Are those safe??? Those were made 17yrs ago (had one, hated it!)....can't imagine they are still in production. Surely Cosco quit producing those years ago.

RubysGirl

Yep, they've been made all the way up to 2005. They even have a high ease of use rating by that rating system, is it NHTSA that does it?

They are easy to install, Not much you can do wrong there. They're just not the prettiest or most convenient. They can be removed from the car and carried into the house if the baby is asleep, just not as easy as one with a handle.

Simplysomething

I know that VA WIC/Health Departments (or at least in this area) still have the carseat program. I don't think they give out infant seats anymore, but they do give out convertible seats and boosters. All you have to do is meet the income requirements.

In this area too. (Hampton Roads). The biggest issue is that some people say they don't qualify--and they haven't even applied. (Not that they don't ever run out and that it isn't first come first serve...but a lot of people assume without even trying).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC