Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Cover collectors, how often do you change covers

I have 11 covers for the 3 MAs I own. I have 4 covers for the 1 RA I own. I only have one cover for the regent but the beast is not my favorite and I am not going to by dress up clothes for it until it starts using its company posture in the back of my suburban. Rarely do I make it a week with the same cover on a seat. I like the covers to be clean and carry a spare JIC. Looking into a backseat full of clean new covers makes me happy. Am I alone in my obsessive cover swapping?
    And just for fun, what covers are in your backseat now?
    In the suburban I have an onyx regent and a freedom MA. Yesterday the MA was crocodile.
    In the taurus, I have Olivia and Fido.
    The RA is being borrowed by a friend and is wearing a navy blue puppies cover.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Cover collectors, how often do you change covers

i am getting there, lol right now, i have 2 mossy oaks marathons and a huntington regent in my dh's car, i switched covers/ seats in my car today. this morning i had a crocodile marathon, a megan blvd, and a red rock frontier, now i have 2 cowmoo blvds and the red rock frontier

I switch once a month right now. Soon, I will have no kids to watch

MA is in Dragonfly.
    Radian is in the fuzzy black/grey.
    Regent is in Huntington.

I have:

RA:

teddy bears
    cowmoo

ETA: I don't own an RA.

MA:
    Faux paws ? the blue one, 2 of them.
    granite
    Black
    Onyx

Regent:

Onyx
    2 animal something, don't know what they are called, for the husky
    Marina

Radian:

the normal grey/black 65

The are spreading all over the house, no longer just in the car seat room! Noooooo
    Last edited by Judi; 06-24-2009 at 11:16 AM.

Senior Community Member

Whenever I buy a new one. LOL, my Blue Bouquet has been sitting in the closet as a back up since I bought the Shannon. There is no food in my car and only water.

see my problem is that i like covers that i couldn't order seperately, such as mossy oak and heather couture and the megan blvd, so since i couldn't buy the cover i bought 2 mossy oak seats, a couture heather seat and a megan blvd, on top of the seats i already had, i did just get 2 pretty cowmoo covers today though for my blvds thats why i switched my seats today

I switch about every 3 months. I have dozens of covers but every time I put one on it is suddenly my favorite and I don't want to take it off.

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Judi View Post
    The are sreading all over the house, no longer just in the car seat room! Noooooo
    you have a car seat room?!?! I am jealous!
    JANELLE, nanny to
    B - 8 , S - 6, K 4

Quote Originally Posted by jsta1005 View Post
    you have a car seat room?!?! I am jealous!
    Well, yeah, I do. Only the good car seats get to live there. The rest, stay in the car seat trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by TXAggieTech View Post
    I switch about every 3 months. I have dozens of covers but every time I put one on it is suddenly my favorite and I don't want to take it off.
    Where's your list?

I have

Radian: Princess and Granite............depends on who is riding in it

Frontier: Pink Sky and Red Rock.........stays Pink Sky until Mya spills something on it/it needs washing

Marathon: Dragonfly, Jonah, Neapolitan, Fido, Faux Paws, Ashley Floral, Allie, Handsful, Cowmoo, and Mauvelous (much better than it used to be!!)
    ...........when I use it ~ E mostly Fido, M mostly Allie (or whatever she is in the mood for)
    ...........when my sister uses it ~ E handsful, M again whatever

I don't really get the kids as often anymore where it is worth it for me to drag my seats there and back, so I usually change them every couple of months. (Sometimes I just ride around with the seats in my car, because I love seeing them in my rear view mirror .)
    Katie ~ expired CPST & aunt to
    M 12.5 years & E 9.5 years & A 5.5 years & J 2.5 years & L 11 months

Quote Originally Posted by munchkin View Post
    (Sometimes I just ride around with the seats in my car, because I love seeing them in my rear view mirror .)
    Thank you for making me not look quite as crazy. I have a RF MA and RF Radian in my car. I haven't had any kids in a week.

Moderator - CPS Technician safeinthecar's Avatar

I just have to say my kids would pitch a fit if their car seats kept changing colors on them. They still talk about car seats they used to have and now miss and refer to them by their covers.

Except for maybe the Frontier. If I could get a plush cover DD would be all for giving up her "pretty red" if it meant getting rid of the "rough stuff" of the mesh under her legs.
    Kimberly
    Proud mommy of Becky 18! Danny 15 Hope 12~Auntie to William-14, David-10, and Logan 2~

I don't change them all that often. The last two summers I switched the Erin to Ashley floral. In the spring I took fido off since it gets hot in the summer. If I were to have someone else's son in my van and they were old enough to care I would put the green cover on the MA instead of a flower one. I put bubble fun on the parkway but need to put the brown cover back on since it would be cooler. Once I got the brown radian cover I didn't use the gray one so I traded it. Once I get the sonata my ride cover I won't put the spiral one on unless Elizabeth pees in the sonata.

Emily tech and mom to Jacob 16, Daniel 13, Benjamin 9, Elizabeth 6. Child care provider to 4 other kiddos.

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

I wish my seats would have more options in covers...so I just have to switch out entire seats instead
    Leah loved matching her Volcano Recaro Start with her big sister, but now she is matching her Crimson Go with her brother's Red Rock Frontier. The Princess Radian stands alone in DH's car...it used to be Coastal and looked cute with Marina Huskies.

No wonder those custom covers are so tempting on ebay...I'd buy some if they were safe
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

CPS Technician

I only have one spare and that is for my bv. We bought it with a parkavenue. And got a shannon when I had to send our seat in. The shannon has been on since dd moved into that seat in May.

I don't have a spare for the husky. It is in great condition and has less then 2y left.
    Our oldest 2 are in backless evenflo boosters. I have one extra cover for them too I guess.
    Stefanie - CPST in Iowa
    mom to dd 11,/00, ds 11/01, ds 3/06, dd 04/07, dd 08/12 (radian rxt) ds 12/13 (evenflo sureride)