Why, why, why....

southernbell

is there not one single extended harnessing seat that comes in a boyish print?? i feel so bad for my older ds, he doesn't understand why i buy his lil sis and brother cute seats and he has none, he was totally bummed when they got mossy oak and now they have cowmooflage, they have others too,but he really wants one of these:( you would think that britax would have made the regent or frontier in cowmoo, they make everything else in the world cowmoo.... that is all:whistle:

ADS

tweetykl

I second that about a frontier in cowmoo. I dream of that.

Hey, Britax, if you make a stroller in cowmoo, why not a Frontier?????

southernbell

I second that about a frontier in cowmoo. I dream of that.

Hey, Britax, if you make a stroller in cowmoo, why not a Frontier?????

they are making 2 strollers in cowmoo and just about every other seat, chaperone, roundabout 50, marathon, blvd cs, i want a print frontier :cool:

mommaon112903

I :love: cowmoo but honestly a Regent or Frontier in Cowmoo for me is too much cowmoo :duck:

Now a MossyOak or AllStar Regent/Frontier :love:

southernbell

I :love: cowmoo but honestly a Regent or Frontier in Cowmoo for me is too much cowmoo :duck:

Now a MossyOak or AllStar Regent/Frontier :love:

see i think it would be perfect if they did it like the blvd, where its not all cowmoo, but some black and some cowmoo:love: and do you have any idea what i would do for a mossy oak frontier or regent:eek:

CarSeatPoncho

Ugh, I hear you. My son sits in a fairly boring Navy/Light Blue model. Snoozer!

I guess it is tricky with boys with colors and any other colors besides blue, grey, brown-ish tones, and any kind of patterns.

When I look for boy prints for Car Seat Poncho, I have to be really careful. Can't be too babyish. The window for "cute" (bright colors, whimsical animals, cartoony images) seems to close at about 18 months. After that, it's gotta be "Lil Man" -- sports, trucks, planes -- but again, not too "fun" or it will slide into babyishness.

Had a few "cute as button" boy prints for boys that took a loooong time to move, but the "manly" ones just fly. Tried plaid, but plaid is tricky because you have to waste a lot of fabric to get the lines to match up.

I think maybe moms are wary of investing in a cute print that their sons (and dads, who usually step in hard when it comes to their son's things not looking girly) will come to dislike. But I agree, I don't see how a touch of a cowmoo or footballs here or there would be such a big deal.

It would be nice to have a print option vs solids, so it would show fewer stains!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Red is good. I like the Rio XT and the Crimson Red SGCS and GO. If I liked the Frontier at all I'd get it in Red Rock.

But that's about it... And red is a nice color but I agree we need more boy prints!

southernbell

Red is good. I like the Rio XT and the Crimson Red SGCS and GO. If I liked the Frontier at all I'd get it in Red Rock.

But that's about it... And red is a nice color but I agree we need more boy prints!

yeah i let him choose his frontier, i really like canyon but he chose red rock, i just don't understand why there was a girly print regent, radian 80, radian xt and graco nautilus but not a single boy print, i do love the look of the rio, but its still a solid color, i almost want to get him a camo compass or order a clec oobr in a paul frank print, but there would be no harness, and i am not quite sure how i feel about that yet

xxluckychicxx

I think a huge hit would be pirates. Boys of all ages love pirates, so you there wouldnt be any problem with it being too baby-ish for an older child, or too grown up for a toddler. Same goes for camo.

vonfirmath

CarSeatPoncho -- that actually makes a lot of sense. My husband "in theory" didn't mind our son being in a brown and pink seat, but when he saw it in person, could not do it.

Luckychic; It would depend on the pattern. I can think of some way too cutesy pirate fabrics I wouldn't want. (and then there are those who would avoid it because it had weapons on it)

southernbell

I think a huge hit would be pirates. Boys of all ages love pirates, so you there wouldnt be any problem with it being too baby-ish for an older child, or too grown up for a toddler. Same goes for camo.

i don't think you can go wrong with camo, it was so depressing seeing ds sit in his little sister and brothers mossy oak marathons in my living room, and me having to explain that he couldn't ride in them.... i would love a camo seat, i love everything camo, i have two camo strollers and keep eyeing a third:whistle:

Calideedle

I would love a Cowmoo Regent cover, black on the sides and cow in the middle! Luckily DS1 does have a pretty cool cover which he likes.

April

ITA with that. I have several (adult) male friends who still love pirates. Camo is good, I would LOVE a camo Frontier or Nautilus. But apparently one can be offended by it though, because my mother thought when I put Riley in size 6m camo pants, I was promoting war and violence. :rolleyes: But heck, give me some flames or something. Don't all boys love flames?

2BunniesMommy

I have 2 girls, but still wonder where are all the good prints for boys. When I first started seeing cute girly seats, I thought that was great, because most seats I had ever seen were grey or blue and plain as can be. But, yes, where are the boy prints? Just plain where are the good Frontier covers. I called June 4, not asking directly for cowmoo, but just when would they have been Frontier options, she said call back in a month, so guess who will be hearing from me in early July!

jujumum

Just like there are so many more cute girly clothes than boy clothes.

Some of my favorite prints for boys are (hey, seat manufacturers, take note!):

Unisex:

Sea life - fish, sea turtles, etc., light aqua blues & greens

Puppies - light blues & browns

Wildlife - natural, neutral colors

Boyish:

Vintage planes & trains - all colors

Lizards & geckos & aligators & dinosaurs - all colors

Vintage sports - vintage themed colors - blues & reds & cream

Nautical - sailboats -blues, navy & white & red

The only print that I'm not overly keen on is cars & trucks in primary colors. However, on a car seat, cars & trucks might work perfectly.:)

Last edited:

heyruthie

But flames and pirates are violent just like camo! :p

just to be devil's advocate :D: flames are NOT violent. i think we Moms tend to want to squelch our boys' enthusiasm for powerful, fantastical things--like fire, and call it "violent" when really it's just a normal desire they have to master their environment and grow up into strong men. men have always loved fire! it's a powerful tool!

as for pirates, most boys who are really "into" them (as mine are! heck--i posted an ISO for the old POC TB last week...) have no clue about them being "violent." As Johhny Depp said (when considering the first POC movie) "Pirates are the rock stars of the sea-faring world." I think most boys are drawn to their mystique and (again) power--to be able to "ride the 7 seas" through wind and storm, etc.

i'm all for boys aspiring to be strong men who tame nature and strive to have mastery over themselves!

rochelle

Boyish:

Vintage planes & trains - all colors

The only print that I'm not overly keen on is cars & trucks in primary colors. However, on a car seat, cars & trucks might work perfectly.:)

alot of 2-7 girls in my neighbourhood like planes, trains, cars and trucks :D

my boys choose the Canyon frontier cover and its easy to spot our corolla now since its so far the only one with two frontiers at the back.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC