WWYD? Car seat mix up..

AtTheSouthDam

DH took our only vehicle to work today and with it the TF and the TB. The TB should have stayed home. I am supposed to go out with a friend later. She is picking up us up in her 2000 Honda Accord. I have the Radian XT and the Regent. DD1 is 54 lbs so the Regent must be tether anchored.

Does the 2000 Accord have tether anchors? (Yeah, I could ask her but she is childless and knows nothing about carseats.) Or will DD1 have to squish into the XT and DD2 have to FF in the insanely huge Regent? If so would it be rude to reschedule simply because I don't want DD2 FF yet?

ADS

AtTheSouthDam

Ohh, found it. It does have tethers! (I thought for sure from the year it wouldn't!)
Now to check the radian install thread to see if it will fit RF behind the passenger.

zeo2ski

She's 3? It's up to you. If you're not ready to FF her, cancel but you don't have to say why, just that DH took the carseats. I'm guessing your friend is driving since it's her car. I don't like other people driving my kids so for me I wouldn't be able to do the first FFing ride with someone else driving! Hopefully though, she'll have TAs.

You said squish DD1 in--does she really fit?

Edit: crosspost, glad it has anchors!

AtTheSouthDam

She's 3? It's up to you. If you're not ready to FF her, cancel but you don't have to say why, just that DH took the carseats. I'm guessing your friend is driving since it's her car. I don't like other people driving my kids so for me I wouldn't be able to do the first FFing ride with someone else driving! Hopefully though, she'll have TAs.

You said squish DD1 in--does she really fit?

She is "just" over the top slots but her ears are below the seat back. It is narrow so she looks squished compared to the regent. I did a comparison pic thread earlier with her.

And yeah, I am nervous about FF her in a friends car. I found I can get the R RFin the middle but I doubt it will fit next to the regent... I can find any successful installs for passenger side...

Laurette: Nope, we are one car family. Luck of the draw today DH has carpool today. Only happens once or twice a week and he usually checks the seats before he goes (he usually has to move the one in the mddle row) but he must have been in a hurry today.

zeo2ski

Is it the new style radian or old? New can supposedly go more upright.

:doh: that'd be FFing!

AtTheSouthDam

Is it the new style radian or old? New can supposedly go more upright.

Same as yours in your sig, down to the color even! So far, I have more luck in everyone's car but mine. Here is to hoping that remains true.

You're right, RF for DD2. DD1 will be in the Regent now that I know it has tethers anchors.

ETA: GAH! mute point. my purse in the same car as the TB. Date rescheduled. But if anyone knows if the RN XT will fit RF in 4 dr 2000 Accord I could use the info for future use :D

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC