So lets talk a minute about 3.5 year olds and rfing

My daughter Fiona is 3.5, 31 lbs, tall leggy and skinny.. She has a little room height wise rear facing in the my ride and the marathon, and a decent amount in the radian 80... this said, I really pre fir keeping her radian in the Passat as oppose to my minivan, We hardly ever drive the kids in the passat, but I have the radian in there rfing (I adjust the straps while it is installed so either she or her little brother can use it.. I swear I figured out how to do this) and a turbo booster for my nearly 7 year old.

Anyways.. once she out grows the my ride for height, it is going to Nolan (almost 11 months) to rear face in, cause I bought the seat cause of the rfing limit..

Would you A. Install the marathon for her forward facing, and have her ffing in my car..the car she is usually in, or B. take out the radian from hubs passat, and rear face her so long as she has not reached 35 lbs?

Note.. I like using the marathon better, it is easier to install and use, But I HATE how it installs in my passat and if I do install it there I will have to uninstall it when I need it for Nolan to turn it back to rfing.. so I am leaning toward A.

What would you do with her.. Also note she hates riding forward facing, her head hangs forward, which is why I am using the marathon ffing, cause it can recline ffing (I think it can but please correct me if I am wrong, I have yet to read the manual for ff installation)

ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I don't really have any input on your other concerns, but the MA can be used in recline mode when FF as long as the child is less than 33lbs.

Also, since you said you haven't read the FF section of the manual yet - if you're installing it with LATCH, did you remember to switch the LATCH hooks to their FF position?

I don't really have any input on your other concerns, but the MA can be used in recline mode when FF as long as the child is less than 33lbs.

Also, since you said you haven't read the FF section of the manual yet - if you're installing it with LATCH, did you remember to switch the LATCH hooks to their FF position?
lol thanks, I actually knew that part, I was playing with the seat and wanted to just get a feel for how it installed ffing, and realized they had to be changed first.

So the recline is pretty much useless to us honestly with her, she will I am sure be around 33 or 34 lbs when the switch happens ( she was more like 31 and a half lbs last time she was weighed that was about 2 months ago) but she is super skinny and doesn't gain fast.

Sorry I meant to say I hate how the marathon installs in my passat, not my minivan, it installs like a dream in the minivan.. but it is awkward in the passat and not a good angle at all

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC