I didn't... I didn't... <gulp> I did

Splash

I ordered a Rio XT. I just HAVE to know. I have to. I keep saying I'll drive up to ARS and try one out in my car, but I never get around to it. So I just bought the dang thing from Target. If it works, great. If not, it goes back. I paid more to do it that way, but I know how i am with return shipping and even with the return shipping insurance, I won't send it back (hence, why I stil have the FN, even though I bought RSI on it and knew i hated it 15 minutes out of the box). At least this I know I'll take it back if it doesn't work.

Now, uh, how to I explain this to the wife? The amazon.com confirmation emails go to her email address... :whistle:

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
You will tell her that you have to find a seat that fits Charlie well, fits in that impossible position in your car, and that won't make you want to rip every hair from your body when you use it. :p

You will tell her that you are not 100% positive that the Radian XT is the seat for you, but that you have to try it because you have made it your personal mission to buy and try more seats in your vehicle than some of the other fanatics on this board. :p

southpawboston

the rio is my favorite pattern on the XT. splash, you'll have to give a full report, since we might be buying 3 for a 3-across setup. i'm particularly interested in how you like the SIP, since you already have/had a YS that you can benchmark it against (SIP doesn't get beefier than on a YS).

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
SPB,

I briefly had a YS, then had a BV, and now have a Radian XT (with a lot of other seats in between, but those are the three with the true SIP). The SIP isn't anywhere close to the same as the YS, in my not-so-humble opinion.

The YS was my favorite seat that I have ever owned. At the time I owned it, though, it wasn't working for my situation. *sigh* The Radian XT is probably my second-favorite seat that I have ever owned. :)

crunchierthanthou

According to carseatblog.com, the word at ABC kids show last September was that the YS would be recertified to 65 lbs later this year. I might not be able to resist if that's the case. I don't need a new seat right now, but I'm not loving ds sitting up so high ff in the Marathon. If that doesn't pan out, it'll probably be an XT in Rio for me as well.

momto2princes

I just bought an XT last week and after a bit of sweat getting it in the van it is perfect. I LOVE it! It can be very bulky RF but with a few of the tricks from some very helpful techs on the board I got it installed more upright and it is awesome!

southpawboston

According to carseatblog.com, the word at ABC kids show last September was that the YS would be recertified to 65 lbs later this year. I might not be able to resist if that's the case. I don't need a new seat right now, but I'm not loving ds sitting up so high ff in the Marathon. If that doesn't pan out, it'll probably be an XT in Rio for me as well.

does that mean retroactive certification of older seats? or only new seats? that would be very cool if you could use the older seats to 65 lb...

fyrfightermomma

I have NEVER loved a seat ive owned. But the YS is the first i have been in love with :) its the only seat ive loved everything about. I normally keep seats 3 months max but i dont think ill ever part with my beloved YS

Splash

I also really love the RYS and if it went higher there is no doubt I would get another. It's perfect in every way.

southpawboston

What's to love about the YS? Curious. Have never seen one.

amazing SIP wings, both head and torso
no base, so seat sits low
just looks cooler than any other seat, resembles a racing seat (it's a y-chromosome thing :))
installs well in cars with contoured seats
buttery smooth harness adjuster
gorgeous microfiber cover
tons of padding
blow-molded shell (like the regent- essentiall a double-walled, air-filled shell)
feels sturdy, not flimsy
made in the USA
DD1 says it is the most comfortable seat she has sat in

crunchierthanthou

Is the Rio cover anything like the Hampton in terms of texture?

I stopped by USABaby today to check out strollers and noticed they had an XT on display. I grabbed the headwings to see about moving them up and down and seriously jerked my hand back. The mesh is scratchy and rough. It's almost crinkly. I walked around feeling other meshy seats (Nautilus, Frontier, SafeGuard childseat...) and none felt anything like it. I'd have to take ds to get his opinion, but I disliked it very much.

SPB, we can cross our fingers but I doubt a higher weight limit would be retroactive. Despite assurances from certain other manufacturer reps, that's generally not the case. Also, I don't think retesting the same seat would take a full year. There may be some internal design changes involved.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC