My Ride is Riding back to Graco

2BunniesMommy

I just got off the phone with Graco with my concerns of the adjuster strap beginning to fray after just 2 weeks of use. (I posted pics Friday) She said it was a certainly a concern and that I needed to take the seat back to the retailer so they could send it back to them. When I let her know that the nearest BRU is 90 miles away she did make the offer of them sending me a shipping label to send it back to them. That is the route I liked better. She did assure me that it would be evalutated when they receive it back and they will try to find the problem and work to fix it. I hope they do. I love the idea of a 40lb rfing limit, but not a seat that starts to show wear so quickly that it doesn't make me feel like DD is safe in it, or at least that she will not continue to be safe in it.

ADS

NannyMom

We are now up to 3 on this board (including me). Anyone else sending or sent theirs back? Just curious :) I told them I'll happily buy another after they fix the problem.

2BunniesMommy

That is basically what I said. I was also given the option of them sending me a replacement but I said I would rather have a refund and this time and wait until they fix the problem.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I forgot to call them...been busy and then the AC went out yesterday and just got it back up and running this evening.

I need to get mine on the road back to them as well. So far it's the ones from BRU w/ issues right?

Susan

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I just got off the phone with Graco...I needed to take the seat back to the retailer so they could send it back to them. When I let her know that the nearest BRU is 90 miles away she did make the offer of them sending me a shipping label to send it back to them.

I've ALWAYS had great CS experiences with Graco. It was great of them to offer a shipping label and a much better response than I got from Sunshine Kids over my defective RN and they told me I was out of luck if I didn't want to drive 150 miles to the retailer I bought it from while on my way to Disney.

NannyMom

I forgot to call them...been busy and then the AC went out yesterday and just got it back up and running this evening.

I need to get mine on the road back to them as well. So far it's the ones from BRU w/ issues right?

Susan

the pproblem is the metal piece. 2 chandlers i saw on saturday are just as sharp as my spiral. i dont think it just the bru seats.

Kayleen

It's not just a My Ride issue either. The Graco Nautilus is having the same issues of fraying on the adjuster strap after just a couple weeks use. I've already returned one and will have to return the second one soon. I really like the GN but don't want to keep returning them after a month of use.

Maedze

I've had a Nautilus for 2.5 years and the MyRide for a month. They are both used every day, sometimes multiple times a day. Neither of them has a problem.

I learned something important way back when, when I had to replace the adjuster on my Wizard. (this was three years ago or so) The adjuster frays a LOT faster if you pull at any sort of angle. Since going through the hassle of rethreading the adjuster (boy that was a pain), I've always pulled straight out, in line with the angle of the adjuster...not up, down or to the side, and I've never had a problem since, on any of my fairly sizeable collection of seats.

2BunniesMommy

I've had a Nautilus for 2.5 years and the MyRide for a month. They are both used every day, sometimes multiple times a day. Neither of them has a problem.

I learned something important way back when, when I had to replace the adjuster on my Wizard. (this was three years ago or so) The adjuster frays a LOT faster if you pull at any sort of angle. Since going through the hassle of rethreading the adjuster (boy that was a pain), I've always pulled straight out, in line with the angle of the adjuster...not up, down or to the side, and I've never had a problem since, on any of my fairly sizeable collection of seats.

I know not to pull to the side but I have to ask, how do you not pull somewhat up with the seat rearfacing? I have sure tried to pull just straight, but am too close to the seat and can't go anywhere but up.

do you mind me asking a stupid question? the adjuster strap is the small one between the legs?
Yes, it is.:)

Maedze

With rearfacing seats, I try to keep adjusting to a minimum. I only do it when the child is grown and I have to.

MOM25BOYS

Well... you can officially add my Graco My Ride to the list of those returning home.:rolleyes: I finally took it out this morning and gave it a good look over. Sure enough it has started to fray down the right side. I try not to pull it to the side when tightening DS, but DH has a bad habit of loosening and retightening them when he puts him in. I have to say that Graco was great and she was very understanding. They are sending me a label via Fedex to ship the seat back to them.:thumbsup:

NannyMom

Has anyone sent their seat back yet? Mine is being picked up tomorrow. If anyone has send theirs back already, please PM me. I'm in contact with someone at Graco about the problem, and I'd love to be able to give her your tracking info as well as mine. That way I know she'll see all the seats, and know I'm not crazy when I tell her I know at least 3 others are sending theirs back as well. And this is not just a customer service rep.

MOM25BOYS

I was just about to come on and ask if anyone has ever gotten their return shipping label.:p

I haven't got my label yet....:( I called last Thursday and she said they would ship the label via FedEx? Is that how you got yours? I am going to call back tomorrow morning and find out what is going on.

NannyMom

Mine came in the mail (not FedEx) on Saturday or Monday (I didn't check the mail Sat, so don;t know which day it came). It did seem to take awhile. Maybe it was more than a week? When you get it, will you give me your tracking info and pick up date? The person I've contacted was not aware of the problem, but does seem eager to get it take care of (or at least looked at).

MOM25BOYS

Sure, I will PM you when I finally get something. This really frustrates me though.... I clearly stated to the lady at Graco that I have 2 different address and I need to make sure which way the label and check would be coming. She told me FedEx for the label and Postal for the check.:rolleyes: I will definitely call tomorrow because they most likely mailed my label via Postal to my ground shipping address.:(

2BunniesMommy

Has anyone sent their seat back yet? Mine is being picked up tomorrow. If anyone has send theirs back already, please PM me. I'm in contact with someone at Graco about the problem, and I'd love to be able to give her your tracking info as well as mine. That way I know she'll see all the seats, and know I'm not crazy when I tell her I know at least 3 others are sending theirs back as well. And this is not just a customer service rep.

I haven't sent mine back yet, waiting for DH to get the box from the rafters. With our work schedules being what they are, I am thinking it will head back Mon. or Thur. next week. I will PM you once it is sent.

I was just about to come on and ask if anyone has ever gotten their return shipping label.:p

I haven't got my label yet....:( I called last Thursday and she said they would ship the label via FedEx? Is that how you got yours? I am going to call back tomorrow morning and find out what is going on.

My label came USPS, I called 6/23 and it was here 6/27, so not long at all.

MOM25BOYS

Sure enough... called today at lunch and Graco sent the 1st label via my shipping address. :rolleyes: Got everything fixed and they are sending me another label out today to the correct address.:) Is it aweful that I am sending the MR65 back in a RA50 box?? :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC