How do I clean my car seat cover?

jenny10

I have an Alpha Omega Elite. I already have the cover off of it, I just need to know how to properly clean it. The manual only tells me how to get the cover off, doesn't say HOW to actually do it.

I assume, cold water, delicate cycle, drip-dry? Can I use any soap or anything?

Another thing, there is a NASTY stain in it. NASTY. What can I use to get it out? It's just juice. But it's a brownish color.

THANKS!

ADS

BeachMama86

I would think you can use anything you normal use on stains, except bleach of course. You can use detergent as well.

Sometimes the cover won't look as springy and fresh as it once did, but better than having nasty juice stains! Lol.

I think the big thing is just not to dry it in the dryer cause it can warp the shape.

But other than that, a gentle cycle with detergent and spot treatment should be fine. I wash my Evenflo Triumph cover on hot with detergent, and it's fine.

BeachMama86

Oh yeah, wanted to add, DO NOT SOAK THE STRAPS AT ALL. You can only spot clean straps with a damp rag, but if you get them too wet they are no good anymore.

jenny10

I would think you can use anything you normal use on stains, except bleach of course. You can use detergent as well.

Is this right? Can I use any stain fighter that I'd like? I thought there were very specific and special instructions to clean covers, which included no stain treatments.

BeachMama86

Well, that may be true, but I think they say not to wash covers in the washer either, kwim?

And I think especially on some of the fancier covers with velvet or fuzz or what have you, maybe you shouldn't, but I've used shout on my EFTA cover and it's fine.

But no, I don't know for a fact that it's okay.

:)

U

Unregistered

No no no!! For anyone reading this in the future, no stain fighting, no chemicals on the cover! Only mild soap and water!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC