Britax Special Needs HIPPO Car Seat on EBAY

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I didn't know that Britax made special needs seats. I'm always looking at the new listings for Britax seats on Ebay and saw this one. Has anyone seen this before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Britax-Special-...48QQihZ015QQcategoryZ2987QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
That looks interesting. I know a child who had to be in casts and they put foam in the seat it elevate her so her legs would fit! This seat would do the same thing

Also did you see this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...Sell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

michele12

Wow. When my DD had a spica cast (from armpits to toes) she was in a special car seat that the hospital gave us. But it looked nothing as nice as that at all. In fact I questioned it's safety altogether seeing how flimsy it was.:(

I did know that Britax made special needs seats. It used to be featured on their site (old design) They make another one too I believe.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
It's new as of this year. The showed it at Lifesavers and some of us got to play with it a bit. It's basically a Marathon with the sides at the leg area cut off.

lovinwaves

Thanks for the new thread on this. I had no idea these kind of seats existed. They basically look like Modified Marathon's, and Husky/Regents

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
The first one is the new Britax version of the old Spelcast, for those in spica casts. MUCH better option, but of course more expensive and for the most part you have to buy it as opposed to hospitals lending them out. The good thing is it can be used rfing till 33# and ffing till 65#.

The 2nd one has been around for a while AFAIK. We actually had one come into a check once (one car behind the triplets I got, I was jealous, lol). It goes to 105# I believe, but has the same strap height as the Regent, just a few added supports for people unable to support themselves.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC