Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Community Member BABYGIRLLYNDSEY's Avatar

Britax Special Needs HIPPO Car Seat on EBAY

I didn't know that Britax made special needs seats. I'm always looking at the new listings for Britax seats on Ebay and saw this one. Has anyone seen this before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Britax-Special-N...QQcmdZViewItem
    Mom to four ages 25, 23, 18 & 11. Busia to my new grandson.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Quote Originally Posted by BABYGIRLLYNDSEY View Post
    I didn't know that Britax made special needs seats. I'm always looking at the new listings for Britax seats on Ebay and saw this one. Has anyone seen this before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Britax-Special-N...QQcmdZViewItem
    That looks interesting. I know a child who had to be in casts and they put foam in the seat it elevate her so her legs would fit! This seat would do the same thing

Also did you see this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll..._promot_widget

Wow. When my DD had a spica cast (from armpits to toes) she was in a special car seat that the hospital gave us. But it looked nothing as nice as that at all. In fact I questioned it's safety altogether seeing how flimsy it was.

I did know that Britax made special needs seats. It used to be featured on their site (old design) They make another one too I believe.

CPST Instructor
    It's new as of this year. The showed it at Lifesavers and some of us got to play with it a bit. It's basically a Marathon with the sides at the leg area cut off.
    Jenny
    Senior CPS Tech-Instructor & Mommy of 2 girls
    K1 12 yrs old- 61" & 100lbs in vehicle seat belt
    K2 10 yrs old- 59" & 92lbs in vehicle seat belt

Thanks for the new thread on this. I had no idea these kind of seats existed. They basically look like Modified Marathon's, and Husky/Regents
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

CPS Technician
    The first one is the new Britax version of the old Spelcast, for those in spica casts. MUCH better option, but of course more expensive and for the most part you have to buy it as opposed to hospitals lending them out. The good thing is it can be used rfing till 33# and ffing till 65#.

The 2nd one has been around for a while AFAIK. We actually had one come into a check once (one car behind the triplets I got, I was jealous, lol). It goes to 105# I believe, but has the same strap height as the Regent, just a few added supports for people unable to support themselves.
    Jennifer, Special Needs CPST, peds nurse, and CSFTL Admin mom to:
    AJ-13 (five steps), Evan-11 (nbb),
    Ilana-9 (nbb) ,
    Olivia-7 (hbb), and
    Unity-3 (rf and ff)