Recommendation for a FF car seat combo booster

jengold

I have not been on the list in a while so I apologize if this is a repeat question. I just bought a minivan (love it !) and I am looking to buy a 3rd car seat to take friend's children. I am looking at buying one that will convert to a booster and that can hold a higher weight as a car seat. I am also wanting one that is easy to install since it will potentially be a seat I move frequently.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
For what age children?

I would look at the Graco Nautilus. Harness to 65 lbs and makes into a high back and low back booster.

jengold

Is it easy to get the Nautilus in tightly using latch? I find the Graco's harder to get in tightly when you pull from one side compared to the Britax in which you pull from each side.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I pull up the cover, and tighten from the inside, must easier. Also, remember that latch has weight limits.

jengold

My kids are 3 and 4 1/2.. both are little (26 and maybe 30 lbs). The 3rd car seat is mainly for taking friends. I just thought it made sense to buy one that could also become a booster to have the flexibility etc. Thank you for reminding me about the weight limit on latch. Is that standard across vehicles?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Nautilus itself has a 48 pound LATCH limit. However, it's SO easy to install this seat I never use LATCH, just the seatbelt.

Wendy

DahliaRW

Like Wendy, I find the nautilus easier to install with the seatbelt than LATCH. And I think it's easier to uninstall too (one thing to unbuckle instead of 2 old-style latch pieces to pry off). I'd go with that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC