Britax Monarch pictures....

ADS

Michi

It looks very nice!
Can you please tell me - how does the base/bottom compare to the Parkway?
Is it longer front to back?
If you get a chance, could you please tell me the measurements of the base?
Thank you - and Congrats!
Michi

ajweeks

I'm interested to know more details too. How old is your child? What size?

From the pictures, it looks like the arm rests are very low. Do they make it really hard to buckle in?

threerugratz

For the PW I get approx. 14.5" front to back. It's dark out so my measurement is approx. For the Monarch I get closer to 14", but it also has that nice taper at the front like the Parkway has.
For the PW I have an inside measurement of 10" at the back of the base, the Monarch is 11.5" on the widest setting and 9.5" on the narrow setting. The width tapers out toward the front of the base so it's approx. 9.5" at the back of the base and 11" at the front of the armrest on the narrow setting. On the wider setting, I get 11.5" at the back of the base and 13.5" at the front of the armests. The front of the Monarch base is about 16.5". This is the seating area, the cupholders stick out a bit more.
My measurements were done pretty quickly so they are all approximate.

threerugratz

ajweeks
I'll find out about the buckling tomorrow as we haven't used it yet. It didn't arrive until this afternoon and I didn't get it in the van before I went to pick up my son from school. I'm hoping it won't be too difficult.
My child is a small 7.5 yr old. He just recently stopped using a 5-pt harness. The Monarch looked like it would be good at surrounding him so I decided if we were going to use a booster, I needed the Monarch to help me transition from 5-pt to booster (my son is doing fine with the transition, I'm the one having issues).

Michi

For the PW I get approx. 14.5" front to back. It's dark out so my measurement is approx. For the Monarch I get closer to 14", but it also has that nice taper at the front like the Parkway has.

Oh rats! I was really hoping it would be longer than the Parkway - not shorter!
I still want to see on in person and see how it fits my DD.
Thank you SO much for measuring!
Michi

Tara

That's some thorough picture takin' there :)
Thank ya much!

So, I'm still rather new to this Monarch seat...it's basically the replacement for the Bodyguard, correct? As we still have the Parkway in production. However, the armrests on the Monarch do *not* move, correct? They're stationary like on a Graco TurboBooster..yes?
Is it wider at the shoulders than the PW? I guess I need to go to Britax and check this info again huh? hehe
I'm not in the market for another seat right now, I just like to looksy :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC