Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Folding boosters

I need a folding booster that will fit in my floorboard storage of my honda odyssey. I need measurements(height) of some folding boosters. I really don't want to use a backless booster. Sometimes i carpool and kids will travel with me. I do always an empty trunk so i could always stow something there and secure it down. I'd much rather put a booster in the storage so its secure.
    Last edited by kanga; 06-22-2009 at 12:18 AM.
    Brittany(3/02) & Allison(4/04)both 40 lbs, harnessed in Regents
    Cole(1/07) 30 lbs RF in a MR65

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician safeinthecar's Avatar

Re: Folding boosters

I'm only aware of two boosters that fold. The Compass booster and the Recaro Start. I don't have a tape measure on hand at the moment but the Start by eyeball measurements is about 20x14x40 and the compass is around 24x12x30. I can fit either folded up on it's side, in the footwell of my third row.

HTH
    Kimberly
    Proud mommy of Becky 18! Danny 15 Hope 12~Auntie to William-14, David-10, and Logan 2~

The Sunshine monterrey folds as well. I just need some measruements

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

The Sunshine Kids Monterey does not fold. It has a detachable back. So does the Graco TurboBooster High Back (and probably some others, but most of them are not often recommended here so I don't know much about them.)
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 12, Bridget, 10, Maggie, 8, Katie Sue, 4
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Moderator - CPS Technician safeinthecar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    The Sunshine monterrey folds as well. I just need some measruements
    The Monterrey doesn't fold, the back comes all the way off to be used as a backless.

If a booster that comes apart in two separate pieces will work for you then the Monterrey, Graco Turbo, Graco Airbooster, Evenflo Big Kid, Evenflo Confidence, and the new Britax Parkway all do that.

If you google shipping dimensions for those you can get a pretty good idea of size when disassembled.

ETA: cross posted with Ketchupqueen
    Kimberly
    Proud mommy of Becky 18! Danny 15 Hope 12~Auntie to William-14, David-10, and Logan 2~

Carseat Crazy Thanksgiving_Twins_Mom's Avatar

FWIW if you want something that stores easily that provides more protection than a backless booster, there's also the RideSafer Travel Vest
    Elaine
    Mom to Lydia (5-stepped and almost as tall as mom) & Deborah (5-stepped and almost as tall as her sis) 13YO
    and comfy chair to Lily Cat (no car seats but will use a kitty harness for walks)

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

The Compass boosters fold but you are going to risk it not fitting a broad range of kids very well. It's too tall for small kids, and too short for tall kids and too wide for skinny kids, and the worst problem with it is that it allows the lapbelt to ride too high on a lot of kids.

Edited to add... Maybe the Safeguard Go? How old are the kids you travel with? It folds into a compact storage bag and has 18 inch top 'slots' so it fits kids harnessed up to age 7 or so.
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good