What's this supposed to mean?

xxluckychicxx

Part of DD TT got stuck in the wheel a couple of weeks ago :eek: so I called SK to see what I should do. I talked to Russ and he reassured me it was fine to use and that he would send me a new TT. So he gave me his email address and told me to send me my address. Here's the convo:

Hi Russ,

I spoke with you several weeks ago about getting the excess portion of the top tether of my daughter's Radian XT stuck in the wheel. You said to email you my address and that you would send me a new top tether kit, and I totally forgot! Anyways, here is my address:

[address removed]

I am also interested in knowing if Sunshine Kids plans on testing the Radian to 40lbs rear-facing. I would absolutely love it and recommend this seat to EVERYONE if it rear-faced to 40lbs. My son was 35lbs (the max rear-facing limit on all convertable car seats) at 2 years old, so I was forced to switch him forward facing. While I absolutely adore my son and daughter's XTs, I am considering switching my son to the new Graco MyRide so that he can rear-face again. I really, REALLY wish the Radian would have a 40lb (or higher!) limit, and I know lots of other moms who would as well!

Anyways, thank you for your time and for sending me the top tether kit.

Sincerely,

Sarah O'Banion

And his response:

Sarah,

I will have a top tether assembly sent to you.

Re: increased RF weight capacity – while we do not discuss what testing we may or may not be doing. What I can tell you is to hold-off on switching your child from a Radian – you’ll be glad, trust me.

Best Regards,

Russ Berger

Ummmmm... What's that supposed to mean :confused:

ADS

HEVY

It sounds like he's saying it will RF to a higher weight and will be retroactive so keep your Radian.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Russ is also known for making things up as he goes along, so take his comments, tempting as they are, with a grain of salt the size of Alaska.

Wendy

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Russ is also known for making things up as he goes along, so take his comments, tempting as they are, with a grain of salt the size of Alaska.

Wendy

It means that Russ has a tendency to tell parents what he thinks they want to hear.

I, personally, speculate that the Radian WILL be tested to 40# sometime in the next year or two and it will NOT be retroactive. But I also hate speculating, and advising people based on speculation, so take my thoughts for what they are worth, which is exactly what you paid for them.

xxluckychicxx

I'm definately not holding my breath, or even really considering switching DS to a MR :whistle: just wondering what he would say.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC