3 Across

I am so excited!! We are able to install all 3 of our car seats across the middle row again. I was worried our new Regent wouldn't fit this way, but it does...and I can put my hand between the seats even. So cool!! My kids love it.

3KidsSeats1.jpg

KASeats1.jpg

KASeats2.jpg

ADS
Awesome! Is the crotch strap on the triumph adjustable? It seems like it comes up really high?

I've wondered that myself...I know it is adjustable from how far it is from him, but don't know otherwise. He may be being moved to a Graco CarGo...we'll see. If anyone knows if it is adjustable, please let me know.

Yeah, I'm really loving this van now. We have considered moving DS to our extra Graco CarGo and putting the Trimuph in DH's car, or leaving it with whoever ends up watching them while I'm in school. It is a big seat, and I was worried his big seat and the big Regent wouldn't all work together, but it does. :) Oh, and it isn't a bench seat...they are 3 individual seats across...kinda like captain chairs, only a bit narrower. I also have 2 seats in the back of the van that are the same, but we don't car to use them now that we know they all fit across.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
What kind of van do you have? We'll be buying a new (used) one in the spring, so of course I'm already looking around and researching a little bit. I would love one that can fit 6 car seats in the back, and I'm especially excited to see that you fit a Regent & a Triumph in a 3 across situation! Maybe that means I will be able to get a Regent for my son when he outgrows his BV. This is SO awesome... it looks like you got such a great install with those 3 seats. Oh, and thats just the way the Triumph buckle is. All 3 of my kiddos used to have Triumphs, so we got used to it being that way, but yeah, the buckles do come up further on the tummy than other seats.

We have a 2000 Chevy Venture...it will only seat 5 car seats though...b/c it only has 2 seats in the very back. I love it!! We will be buying a new van in probably 3-4 years, but hopefully by then I won't care as much about having them close to us.

Oh, and the only downfall to this 3 across seating arrangement is that they can't have their cup holders attached to the sides of their seats. Not a big problem around town, but when traveling they will want drinks...so we'll have to figure something out.

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
Thats what I thought it was! I've been looking at Ventures on ebay because (I think) that some of them have an optional 8th seat (or something like that)? I thought that someone else on here said they have a Venture with the optional 8th seat. We plan on having 5 (or 6?) kids, and we only have 3 right now, but we'd like to get something that will last us awhile! I'm so glad to hear that you like it because its definitely what I'm leaning towards right now and I think we could even get an '03 or '04 within our budget (our current van - a Windstar is a '96), so that would be a very 'new' vehicle to us! Thanks for your input!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC