Question Graco Nautilus: crotch strap help

U

Unregistered

I've read the many posts about the challenges of the Nautilus crotch strap, but couldn't find this particular issue addressed.

The directions explain how to move the strap forward from one position to the next, but they only show moving it from one *cover* position to the next, not from the actual plastic slot the strap arrives in to the one in front of it. I'm working to get the strap completely removed from the seat so I can move it forward, but wonder if doing that isn't advised as it is incredibly difficult to do and b/c doing so isn't mentioned in the manual. I can't understand why there are two plastic slots exist if it can't be moved, but thought I best ask.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
You angle the metal stopper on the other side and force it through the plastic and the cover. That gets it out. Then you move it to the next slot and push the metal flat through the cover and the plastic. Once it's through (and it may take some effort, it may not) you make sure the metal is flattened against the bottom of the seat again so it won't pull out of the seat and viola, you're done.

Wendy

U

Unregistered

Thank you! I was doing exactly what you suggested, but was questioning whether it was the right thing to do. Sounds like it is.

daniele_ut

It was really difficult to move the crotch strap on my Bravo Nautilus, which I got within a month of their release). The Reese Nautilus that I got a few months ago was much easier, though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC