Today's car seat clinic

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Lots of people that had already heard that you should rear facing longer than a year, which is awesome! More than usually amount of parents installing correctly.

Three True Fits! That NEVER happens. One, with an ARB!! Yeah, DH got that one, he sucks, but I senior checked it.

One tech wanting to know how to RF a Nautilus, yeah, trying to work with that one more.

I made sure WhatAboutPuppy got plenty of Alpha Omega time!

It was a slower clinic, but lots of fun!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
That sounds awesome.

If we ever take a vacation up that way can I do a check with you?

I still haven't heard back from my Safe Kids coalition after multiple e-mails. :rolleyes: Apparently they don't want me.

(I'm on the Orange County mailing list thanks to Jennie though. They're nice. I wish I could get down there sometime soon.)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
There is one the 3rd Saturday of every month. I would be happy to have another tech!

emandbri

Sounds fun! Munchkin and I worked on a car for a family having triplets! 3 graco snugride 32s (or safe seats not sure which) in a nissan altima! It was a TIGHT FIT but worked.

JerseyGirl'sMama

Ketchup - if you ever come up to help out at an Oregon clinic with Judi, let me know. It would be fun to meet you, and I could help out too. :)

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Wow, 3 True-Fits! I've never seen a True-Fit at a check. Saw lots of Nautiluses at the last check. Too bad 2 of them had 1 year olds in them.:(

emandbri

Wow, 3 True-Fits! I've never seen a True-Fit at a check. Saw lots of Nautiluses at the last check. Too bad 2 of them had 1 year olds in them.:(

That is sad. We haven't seen 1 year olds in nautilus here though the nautilus would be better than the cosco high backs we see for one year olds.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
That would be great! Next one is at Salem Hospital, always very busy! Always need more help! Oh, and you get $50!

Blondie87

I keep telling you, any time! Now with your DH off work, would be the perfect time!

It's the 3rd Saturday of every month right? Can you email me the calendar again? Since it's on Saturdays, it doesn't matter if DH works or not, lol. But he has gotten alot more practice with the kids, so I trust him more to leave them here with him now. :)

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Lots of people that had already heard that you should rear facing longer than a year, which is awesome!!

Yes, I'm impressed with teh amount of nationwide press has been given to the subject recently! hopfully it will continue and someday we will be able to ut the dark days of 1/20 behind us!:thumbsup:

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
I'd love to come help out in any way I can at a check. I'm not a tech, is there other stuff I could do? Let me know, Judi.

WhatAboutPuppy

I know you specifically asked for Judi but...

There's tons of stuff you can do!!
You can scribe, that'd probably give you the most experience as far as installing seats in numerous vehicles and such... The scribe fills out the paper work including everything about how they arrived to looking up recalls and such and how they are leaving.
You can hang out and greet people, play with kids... tell the tech she can not install a nautilus rear facing no matter how hard she tries... hehehe

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC